[SOLVED] Missing PCI serial port driver in Windows 10 pro for ASUS Q87M-E

Solution
right click on the PCI Serial port item in Device manager and go to Details tab
Choose Hardware ID's

Can you give me the codes you see there?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-driver/2eb82ba8-fe2c-4bed-9278-81e4d81b97a5

Thanks for taking the time to respond: I did solve the problem of installing the PCI serial port for Windows 10 pro by installing "optional" updates (I did not have this problem with installing Windows 7 pro). I decided to check the ones I thought relevant, so I don't know which one actually solved the problem. I did take a snapshot of the optional updates, a habit I've always tried to do. I'm not sure why I didn't go there to begin with but I didn't. Another driver...

rayi23

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
right click on the PCI Serial port item in Device manager and go to Details tab
Choose Hardware ID's

Can you give me the codes you see there?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-driver/2eb82ba8-fe2c-4bed-9278-81e4d81b97a5

Thanks for taking the time to respond: I did solve the problem of installing the PCI serial port for Windows 10 pro by installing "optional" updates (I did not have this problem with installing Windows 7 pro). I decided to check the ones I thought relevant, so I don't know which one actually solved the problem. I did take a snapshot of the optional updates, a habit I've always tried to do. I'm not sure why I didn't go there to begin with but I didn't. Another driver that was not installed with the Chipset drivers at the ASUS website but was able to locate it was "ASUS_AMDA00_ACPI_Win7Win8Win8_1-060114" that installed the "unknown device", should anyone encounter this problem.

The hardware ID is: Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3D&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B3

The optional updates were: Intel - System, Intel Ports, Intel System, Intel System, ASUStek Computer inc system (the intel system drivers were a repeat. Both had 10.1.1.38 and 10/3/2016. Do know what is with that?

Solution

rayi23

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Install chipset drivers.
Serial port drivers are included in chipset driver package.

Thanks for your response but I did that first and I was left with PCI serial port and Unknown device not installed. I eventually solved the problem which I included in Colif's response. When I do a build I try to document the process I went through to solve the problem. This is my recent build that I have collected over time to save money. I ended up spending more than I wanted on a motherboard. I got a good deal on a 4th generation i7 processor for $50 that I took a chance on. Amazing how expensive these i7 processors are. You can practically get a complete computer already built for the price they sometimes want either locally or on eBay.