Missing print spool after SP2 upgrade

During my SP2 upgrade, I seemed to have lost all my printers in the Printer
and Fax folder. I attempted to reinstall printers, but when I click the ADD
PRINTER icon, I get the error message: OPeration could not be completed.
Printer spool is not running.

How do I remedy this issue? I even lost my access to my home network printer!

Your print spooler has stopped. See:
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
www.coribright.com