Missing Print Spooler Service

I recently removed my Lexmark printer from my computer due to printing
errors. When I tried to reload the printer, I received the message that my
spooler service could not be started. In trying to start the service, I
found that it no longer exist. I am currently running XPsp2. My XP cd is
sp2 but when trying to run a repair, it tells me that my current version is
newer and that I will need to do a new installation. Is there any way to
copy or add the spoolsv.exe to my services? I have a ton of files and do not
want to lose them to a new install. I do have the spoolsv.exe within my
windows folder.

Byte

Try this to start the spooler:
Start>Run>type NET START SPOOLER and press OK
Start Printer Spooler
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm

--
I'm no expert, but I did stay at
the Holiday Inn Express last night.

"Missing Print Spooler Service" wrote:

> I recently removed my Lexmark printer from my computer due to printing
> errors. When I tried to reload the printer, I received the message that my
> spooler service could not be started. In trying to start the service, I
> found that it no longer exist. I am currently running XPsp2. My XP cd is
> sp2 but when trying to run a repair, it tells me that my current version is
> newer and that I will need to do a new installation. Is there any way to
> copy or add the spoolsv.exe to my services? I have a ton of files and do not
> want to lose them to a new install. I do have the spoolsv.exe within my
> windows folder.

I got a new Dell AIO printer last December and have had problems ever since I
got it. I am having the same problem. I tried this, it didn't work. Is there
any thing else I can do? The error message I get is "Spooler SubSystem App
encountered a problem and needs to close" Details are
"C;\DOCUME~1\Owner\Locals~1\Temp\WER2499.dir00\spoolsv.exe.mdmp" if that
means anything to anybody.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks loads
--
medic253

"Byte" wrote:

> Try this to start the spooler:
> Start>Run>type NET START SPOOLER and press OK
> Start Printer Spooler
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
>
> --
> I'm no expert, but I did stay at
> the Holiday Inn Express last night.
>

> "Missing Print Spooler Service" wrote:
>
> > I recently removed my Lexmark printer from my computer due to printing
> > errors. When I tried to reload the printer, I received the message that my
> > spooler service could not be started. In trying to start the service, I
> > found that it no longer exist. I am currently running XPsp2. My XP cd is
> > sp2 but when trying to run a repair, it tells me that my current version is
> > newer and that I will need to do a new installation. Is there any way to
> > copy or add the spoolsv.exe to my services? I have a ton of files and do not
> > want to lose them to a new install. I do have the spoolsv.exe within my
> > windows folder.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757

Also remember to run Disk Cleanup every once in a while and delete your
Temporary Files.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)