haydox

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
I just installed Windows 7 on my tablet (HP TX2130ea) which has a 220Gb hard drive. I did a clean install and removed the Windows.old file using system cleanup.

I was planning on making an Acronis backup image of my C drive with just the base programs on and burning that onto disk just in case, however for some reason I am missing about 30Gb of hard drive space! This space is taken up by something other than actual files.

Using Treesize my Windows folder is only 8Gb and my page and system files are only about 3.5gb, however Acronis still detects that over 40Gb is used meaning the backup file is far too large to burn to disk!

Where is this space being used?! The only solutions I could find online are hidden files, which Treesize will detect, the page file and the system file (which Treesize and the Windows settings confirm are only 3.5Gb).

I am completely lost for a solution and would really like to get a backup made before I start installing any programs which I don't wan't on the image!

Thanks

Rich

haydox

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
Hmm, it would appear I am a quite amazingly large idiot! I completely missed the part in Windows Cleanup where you can delete all but the most recent Ghost of your system!

At least that topic stands as a warning to anyone else like me who simply doesn't read things!!!