Question Missing SSD Drive (in 'new' build PC)

cmulllett

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2012
Can anyone help? This is causing me to loose hair, and I can't afford to loose more.

I am putting together a PC using old parts for my son. I don't think I ever used the SSD though, I bought it, physically installed it - but my PC died, and it sat unused in the case until now.

Motherboard: ga-970a-ds3 rev 1.1
CPU: AMD FX (not sure which - donated)
SSD: ocz arc 100 (240GB)

The drive is not showing in the BIOS, yet 'capacity 240GB' is. Is there anything (jumpers? order on the power ribbon? interplanetary alignment?) I have missed?

I also have a Samsung 1TB drive, which has Win 7 already installed - which boots ok - but I have disconnected it (1. to sort this out, 2. as I want a fresh win 10 install on the SSD anyway - then reformat the 1TB).

I am having difficulty posting pics of the bios. But they are here: BIOS drive settings pic and HD boot order

Any help would be much appreciated!

cmulllett

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2012
your bios is up to date?
i think so. the motherboard/cpu are from an ex-work pc that was pretty well maintained.
anyway, i solved it - i used the win 7 on the 1tb to boot, then loaded disk manager - it was showing but grayed out/ unassigned, it allowed me to format it. but what i don't get, if this was a virgin new build - how would i have done that without an OS?

i think so. the motherboard/cpu are from an ex-work pc that was pretty well maintained.
anyway, i solved it - i used the win 7 on the 1tb to boot, then loaded disk manager - it was showing but grayed out/ unassigned, it allowed me to format it. but what i don't get, if this was a virgin new build - how would i have done that without an OS?
you can do that aswell with windows installer

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS