[SOLVED] Missing SSD Drive (in 'new' build PC)

cmulllett

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2012
Can anyone help? This is causing me to loose hair, and I can't afford to loose more.

I am putting together a PC using old parts for my son. I don't think I ever used the SSD though, I bought it, physically installed it - but my PC died, and it sat unused in the case until now.

Motherboard: ga-970a-ds3 rev 1.1
CPU: AMD FX (not sure which - donated)
SSD: ocz arc 100 (240GB)

The drive is not showing in the BIOS, yet 'capacity 240GB' is. Is there anything (jumpers? order on the power ribbon? interplanetary alignment?) I have missed?

I also have a Samsung 1TB drive, which has Win 7 already installed - which boots ok - but I have disconnected it (1. to sort this out, 2. as I want a fresh win 10 install on the SSD anyway - then reformat the 1TB).

I am having difficulty posting pics of the bios. But they are here: BIOS drive settings pic and HD boot order

Any help would be much appreciated!

Solution
hi, ssds doesnt have jumpers, it runs on sata (not ide) which is master only, preferably u may need to set ahci instead of ide, that board should support it

cmulllett

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2012
your bios is up to date?
i think so. the motherboard/cpu are from an ex-work pc that was pretty well maintained.
anyway, i solved it - i used the win 7 on the 1tb to boot, then loaded disk manager - it was showing but grayed out/ unassigned, it allowed me to format it. but what i don't get, if this was a virgin new build - how would i have done that without an OS?

i think so. the motherboard/cpu are from an ex-work pc that was pretty well maintained.
anyway, i solved it - i used the win 7 on the 1tb to boot, then loaded disk manager - it was showing but grayed out/ unassigned, it allowed me to format it. but what i don't get, if this was a virgin new build - how would i have done that without an OS?
you can do that aswell with windows installer