[SOLVED] Missing TabCtl32.ocx from windows

OofBerry

Commendable
Apr 2, 2019
I am trying to run program and I am getting run-time error 339 that tabctl32.ocx or its dependancies are not correclty installed or registered.

I have checked in my system and tabctl32.ocx is not there. So I am wondering where is the legitimate place I can obtain it. I have been looking around but dont trust all those websites which have it reuploaded which are trying to force you into some "pc fix software". So Is there like an official microsoft place to obtain this?

OofBerry

Commendable
Apr 2, 2019
It's likely the install program is not properly registering the .dll (there will probably be a few more). Checkout this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g/1d615fca-1414-4d79-8951-5d6353ed3105?page=2

Nope I thought it might not of been registered but I checked inside the folders (and tried registering it through the cmd) but the file is not there.

I have looked through that thread previously and I did see someone who posted a download to the tabctl32.ocx but its now a dead link.

gardenman

Splendid
Assuming you installed the 1.0.28 version from TS-Setup.zip, try this:

First check to make sure the tabctrl32.ocx is in the following folder:
C:\Rail Utilities\TS-Tools\
If it is, open Command Prompt (run as admin) and type this in:
regsvr32 "C:\rail utilities\ts-tools\tabctl32.ocx"
You'll get a message saying it succeeded. Close Command Prompt.

Try the program again.

By the way, it seems this software is quite buggy. I assume you already have Train Simulator 2020 installed too. I don't so I can't test it beyond fixing that error.