Hi,

I have lost the ability to display any wallpaper in windows XP.

The tab is in the display properties. I can change the images there on
that screen.

They displays fine in the tiny demo screen - no matter which one I
choose (after hitting apply) all that shows up is the background color.

Can anyone help here??

Found the answer....

run > gpedit.msc > administrative templates > Desktop > Active desktop
> Enable Active Desktop

set it to enabled.....close and then choose wallpaper

Hope this helps someone else