[SOLVED] Missing WiFi adapter in Windows 11 ?

Jun 8, 2022
My WiFi adapter suddenly disappeared from Windows 11 setup after I changed the password on the router. Any suggestions how I can get it back?

Solution
My WiFi adapter suddenly disappeared from Windows 11 setup after I changed the password on the router. Any suggestions how I can get it back?
Thanks for the replies. I tethered my phone to the laptop and downloaded a bios update and outstanding Windows update. Between the two, the problematic adapter and driver was restored and all is well again.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Verify that only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) is enabled. Not both at the same time.

Disable IPv6.

Run the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Do you see the WiFi adapter in Device Manager? (Ensure that under the View tab that "Show hidden devices" is checked.

Manually download the wireless network adapter's drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

(No third party tools or installers.)

On the computer in question run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results.

This may involve the old password still being stored by Windows. If you click on Settings, Network and Internet, Wifi, then select Manage Known Networks, if you see your wifi listed there, click on it and select the Forget option. Then when you click on Show Available Networks you should be able to click on your wifi and enter the new password.

Jun 8, 2022
Thanks for the replies. I tethered my phone to the laptop and downloaded a bios update and outstanding Windows update. Between the two, the problematic adapter and driver was restored and all is well again.

Solution