[SOLVED] Misspelled text during boot

Feb 17, 2020
I'm not sure if this is a motherboard issue a CPU issue or possibly a graphics card issue but whenever my system is booting up most screens during the POST have misspelled words.

Feb 17, 2020
and what is the misspelled words?
The first screen that pops up is a warning or issue window that says:
"Failed to start the X servdr, (snur fraphhbal hnterface). It is likdlx th't it is not set up borrdbtly. Would you like to view the X server output to diagnose the prnblel> <Yes> <No>"

So there is that plus on other screens during the boot there are other misspelled words too, and even if I get into the bios setup there are misspellings in there.

Feb 17, 2020
I'm trying to reinstall a version of Ubuntu right now from a CD, but now I'm getting strange artifacting going on. The first splash screen with the Ubuntu words came up with the progress bar with horizontal lines across the screen and after that now there are long blocky diagonal lines going across and I cant ready and text at all.

Feb 17, 2020
full system spec?
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L rev. 1.0
CPU: ?
Graphics Card: PNY GeForce 8500GT DDR2 512MB
HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB
HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB
Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts EA-430 430W Max.
RAM1: Patriot PDC22G6400LLK DDR2 800MHz 2GB (2x1GB) Kit 2.2V
RAM2: Patriot PDC22G6400LLK DDR2 800MHz 2GB (2x1GB) Kit 2.1V

Sorry I dont remember what the CPU is, I can pull the fan/heat-sink off if needed?

A couple of suggestions:
  1. Download and create fresh installation media and try again - something may be corrupt there.
  2. Download one of the bootable diagnostic CDs, create it, and try to boot that and run the full set of diagnostics. Maybe bad hardware, hard to say exactly what.

Feb 17, 2020
So I tried loading a different version of Ubuntu on a fresh disc and I no longer get the artifacting but it eventually stops loading and I have a screen full of misspelled text again.

Feb 17, 2020
Also how do I insert and image/screenshot, does it have to be saved to some website for me to upload it, can I not copy the file path from my hard drive? When I do that I just get the message that something went wrong and to contact the system administrator.

Feb 17, 2020
I just booted up the Ultimate Boot CD to test my system and even when that loads up there is misspelled text. Can anyone actually explain why my system is doing that, I've never seen a computer do this before?

Latest posts