Mists of Pandaria Brings 1 Million Subscribers Back to WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that's thanks to the usual 7 free day for 99.9% of lvl 85 to 86 to taste Pandaria.

At least, good and all, I won't be going back to it. Guild Wars 2 is quite the ride so far.

Cheers!

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
I think they are going to start having serious erosion over the next few months as those 1 million ask 'WTF was I thinking?' and many others that subscribed for a year to get free Diablo 3 finally are free of a locked in sub.

1337RPG

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
If you havn't played MoP you shouldn't be saying anything. The fact is that it has more raid content than any other expansion. The fact is that it has the best leveling questing since Wrath of the Lich king. Cataclysm was the worst expansion ever, ask any hardcore player.

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
[citation][nom]1337RPG[/nom]If you havn't played MoP you shouldn't be saying anything. The fact is that it has more raid content than any other expansion. The fact is that it has the best leveling questing since Wrath of the Lich king. Cataclysm was the worst expansion ever, ask any hardcore player.[/citation]

Fair enough. Still want to see what subs are at come November.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]I'm sure that's thanks to the usual 7 free day for 99.9% of lvl 85 to 86 to taste Pandaria.At least, good and all, I won't be going back to it. Guild Wars 2 is quite the ride so far.Cheers![/citation]
But they said subscribers, does it include the free trials you mentioned?

[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]But they said subscribers, does it include the free trials you mentioned?[/citation]

The 7 days trial is to people that used to have the subscription, so they just add that as "7 day trial" for people that used to play it and they do count it as "subscribers". Though... 1 Mill is very low if you ask me. They used to have 10M+ subscribers. Too bad Acticrap took command of the WoW operations (AFAIK).

Cheers!

magnetite

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
WoW lost subs when Warhammer Online came out in 2008, but they probably all came back. Like with any WoW's expansions, there's usually a drop in subs during the last major patch, but then the subs rise again when the new expansion is released.

Mr_Assist

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
[citation][nom]1337RPG[/nom]If you havn't played MoP you shouldn't be saying anything. The fact is that it has more raid content than any other expansion. The fact is that it has the best leveling questing since Wrath of the Lich king. Cataclysm was the worst expansion ever, ask any hardcore player.[/citation]

This. I skipped over Cata altogether after leaving at the end of Wrath. All I really have to say that I can understand why it looks ridiculous from the outside (Pandas!?) but the implementation is better than any expansion to date. Instances and raids alike feel refreshed instead of rehashed, and the new PVP system means I don't have to play 40+ hours a week just to have a fair chance.

PS: I played GW2 through to lvl 80. Hands down the best leveling experience I have had in an MMO to date, however there is a complete lack of end game which is a massive deal breaker.

crisan_tiberiu

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
i have to admit that when i heared "Pandas, really?!?!?, like wtf??" but the lvling from 85 to 90 was great and i have much fun in the game atm, even if i took a vreak of 6 months from WoW before this expantion :)

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]The 7 days trial is to people that used to have the subscription, so they just add that as "7 day trial" for people that used to play it and they do count it as "subscribers". Though... 1 Mill is very low if you ask me. They used to have 10M+ subscribers. Too bad Acticrap took command of the WoW operations (AFAIK).Cheers![/citation]

1 million subs came back. But still if it's only one million that isn't a lot. I remember Cata where it was all over the news how much it sold and how quickly. Now all the news is how it's back over 10 million again. And not even by much.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Well done Blizzard - absolutely zero innovation there and all helping your recent "SP is dead" headline. Why not cancel the release of HOTS SP just to further its cause? - go on, we all know you want to.....or at least we are led to believe you do by none other than Mr MP himself, Rob Pardo.

cyb34

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
I'm a veteran vanilla player enjoying a pandaren monk currently level 67. Also leveled my pala to 90.
I definitely like MoP better than Cata.

The new dungeons look fun enough, lots of AoE, more tactics.
Pandaria quest grinding is a joy.

The only thing I regret is spending 108k on that Grand Yak mount... runs like a rabbit.

Personal pref:
#1 TBC
#2 WotLK
#3 MoP
#4 Cata

Afrospinach

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2012
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]The 7 days trial is to people that used to have the subscription, so they just add that as "7 day trial" for people that used to play it and they do count it as "subscribers". Though... 1 Mill is very low if you ask me. They used to have 10M+ subscribers. Too bad Acticrap took command of the WoW operations (AFAIK).Cheers![/citation]

People on trials have never been included in the subs for wow unless you actually buy game time.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
The expansion is good. If you were a WoW player in the past I highly suggest at least checking it out.

As for the subscription numbers... WoW is and has been alive and healthy for some time. Even during Cata when the subscription numbers were lower, it still blew the competition out of the water.
Even so, I would expect the subscription numbers to drop after the first raid content is consumed.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I am personally enjoying it so far, have only been able to play to lvl 87 so far due to real world obligations but overall it is fun, i am likign it better than cata already. i must say though given these comment if you don't like WoW tha tis fine but why downvot epeople who are just saying they enjoy the game? I don't like modern warfare 3 i have tried the single player and the multiplayer but you won't see me downvoting people that say they enjoy the game because .. well maybe WoW is for us, and you can enjoy whatever it is you enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.