Mitsumi FA404A not compatable with Asus P5AD2E Premium

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

After nearly two weeks of searching and working on my computer so it could
use the Mitsumi FA404A floppy/USB card reader on my
Asus P5AD2E Premium mother board I am told today by Mitsumi Technical
Support that the Mitsumi FA404A is not compatible with the Asus P5AD2E
Premium mother board. (To bad, so sad)

This card reader is a simple USB reader that works on my AOpen mother board
without any problem, I find it hard to accept that a board as advanced as
the P5AD2E Premium does not accept it.

Does anyone have ideas of a work around, I really can't since the pin
connection on the mother board is only a short route to the mobo and
accessing the board from inside or outside the case is the same.

Would adding a USB card do the trick? I would simply have to modify a
connector to use a card, but would it work? or are the cards exactly the
same as the on board USB ports?

Any help please

Thanks
James

Shane

I am having the same problem........... Interesting part is.... MINE WORKED
FINE UNTIL I UPGRADED TO WINDOWS SP2?????

I too am having this prblem with the same hardware and a MSI and a BIOSTAR
Motherboard. They both worked at one time and now neither one works. I HAVE
TWO DIFFERENT CARD READERS/////

James, have you found anything else out on this?