Aug 22, 2019
I currently have a Dell s2716dg. This is a Gsync enabled TN monitor. I want to get two Freesync IPS monitors of the same resolution to put on either side of it.

What I want to know is: can I enable variable refresh rate on all three monitors while mixing Gsync and Freesync?

This is likely a duplicate question somewhere, but every search I do is completely saturated with "how to use gsync on a freesync monitor."

Solution
So, indications are that as of the most recent Nvidia driver release, you CAN use Freesync and G-sync monitors together with G-sync enabled AND create an Nvidia surround display. This however is probably highly dependent on the level in which the Freesync displays support G-sync, as they are not all without problems even when it works and even when it's just one monitor. I would think however that they would all have to be the same resolution, refresh rate and response time in order for it to work, but I can't say that for certain as I don't have that configuration to test.

It should go without saying that all displays will need to be connected via displayport and the panels MIGHT have to all support DP 1.4 as well. Since this is so...
So, indications are that as of the most recent Nvidia driver release, you CAN use Freesync and G-sync monitors together with G-sync enabled AND create an Nvidia surround display. This however is probably highly dependent on the level in which the Freesync displays support G-sync, as they are not all without problems even when it works and even when it's just one monitor. I would think however that they would all have to be the same resolution, refresh rate and response time in order for it to work, but I can't say that for certain as I don't have that configuration to test.

It should go without saying that all displays will need to be connected via displayport and the panels MIGHT have to all support DP 1.4 as well. Since this is so new, and I'm talking about the support for multiple monitors that are not all expressly G-sync, I don't think there's a lot of hard facts about it yet but I am sure that by intent at least, in theory, it will work.

Solution
Apr 29, 2020
Hey did you ever try this out? I've been trying to find any examples of people trying it out and this post is the only thing I can find online that mentions mixing the two.

I actually have your exact same dell monitor and the TN panel is rough... Definitely should have listened to everything online about getting an IPS monitor but a 1440p 144hz IPS monitor with Gsync is still really expensive.