[SOLVED] Mix&Match Vengeance LPX & Pro RGB

Oct 6, 2021
So I built a PC yesterday and had two different modules of 16GB Vengenace sticks laying around, the CL timings, frequency@watt is the same at 18-22-22-42 and 3600@1.35 I was wondering if I could use them both at the same time. Also the rams are running at 2666 by default and when I changed the frequency to 3600 the PC wouldn’t post, I’m on Aorus Pro Wi-Fi X570. Would like some help with both the cases.

Solution
Ram should be in 2nd and 4th slot from cpu for Xmp to work, these are the primary slots.

Ram are in sets to minimise compatibility issues but since they're running together looks to be fine for now and probably reason for Xmp defaulting to 2666 is because they're in 1st and 3rd slots.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ram should be in 2nd and 4th slot from cpu for Xmp to work, these are the primary slots.

Ram are in sets to minimise compatibility issues but since they're running together looks to be fine for now and probably reason for Xmp defaulting to 2666 is because they're in 1st and 3rd slots.

Reactions: Razerhe11
Solution
Oct 6, 2021

The memory is already installed in 2nd and 4th slots respectively, i think it did not post because i did not enable XMP and tried to tinker with them manually. I will try enabling XMP and tell you the findings in a bit.
Thank you