Question Mixed psu cables Blown component on H110i pump PCB, what as it?

trainsim

Reputable
Jul 1, 2016
Hey guys

So I made the lazy/dumb mistake of mixing psu cbles from 2 different supply makers. The result was 12v down the 5v sata power lines. Harddrives have been reocvered using ye old remove shorted diode+bridge burnt out resistors. But I also popped my h110i pump and Iam feeling spunky to try and fix it. Only issue is, yes the pcb was marked with coding, unfortunately the chip that popped was marked 'U3' aka it was an integrated circuit. It was completly disintergrated so no other clues other than the board marking. It has a 5v input, a ground, and a line leading off somewhere.

Would anyone have a h110i out of warranty they wouldnt mind pump the pump cover off and taking a photo of pi related

View: https://imgur.com/a/jygKXDa

trainsim

Reputable
Jul 1, 2016
If I were you, I'd start assessing how much you'd need to reassemble the system since a PSU with the wrong set of wires can and will take out much more than the CPU cooler and the SATA based drives.
Its a good point but Ive already assessed everything else. The graphics card is fine and the cpu/mainboard cable were swapped since one of the supplies is only semi modular. Only items that seems to be effected were the sata power connected devices, with the exception of my sata powered ssd which which seemed to be totally unaffected