[SOLVED] Mixed RAM result

THartmann9374

Honorable
Feb 13, 2017
Hello all,
I had two sticks of 4 GB of RAM (8 GB Vengenace LPX). I bought 2 sticks of 16 GB (32 GB Patriot Viper Elite). Here's how I set like this in right slots.

A1: 4 GB Vengenace LPX
A2: 16 GB Patriot Viper Elite
B1: 4 GB Vengenace LPX
B2: 16 GB Patriot Viper Elite

All of those modules are 2133 MHZ. I have no interest to OC on that ever that Vengenace LPX is 3200 and Patriot is 2400.

I ran MemTest64 - No errors
I ran Windows Memory Diagnosis - No errors

So, is it working fine? Any problems I should know of related to RAM?

Thanks! Tom

Solution
Hello all,
I had two sticks of 4 GB of RAM (8 GB Vengenace LPX). I bought 2 sticks of 16 GB (32 GB Patriot Viper Elite). Here's how I set like this in right slots.

All of those modules are 2133 MHZ. I have no interest to OC on that ever that Vengenace LPX is 3200 and Patriot is 2400.

Thanks! Tom

This falls firmly into the concept of: "Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't."
You hit on the former.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello all,

Thanks! Tom

This falls firmly into the concept of: "Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't."
You hit on the former.

Solution

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
So, it is a gamble on seeing if this works or not. Those tests passed mean I am now in the clear, right?
No I don't think so. I have also tried mixing RAM in my system and in my case too they passed all the tests. But while gaming some of my games crashed without any reason. However now I purchased a RAM kit and they do not crash at all. Also earlier I got severe texture streaming issues with mixed RAM which are now fixed. Never go for mixed RAM.

THartmann9374

Honorable
Feb 13, 2017
No I don't think so. I have also tried mixing RAM in my system and in my case too they passed all the tests. But while gaming some of my games crashed without any reason. However now I purchased a RAM kit and they do not crash at all. Also earlier I got severe texture streaming issues with mixed RAM which are now fixed. Never go for mixed RAM.

What games did you tried out that crashed? Maybe I have one of those games and can try out.