Mixing a Corsair and a Kingston

tekas1234

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Hello,

I had earlier a Kingston 2 GB DDR3 @1333MHz and my PC was working fine. I bought a new Corsair VS2GB1333D3 which is basically 2GB DDR3 @1333MHz. Now after adding this to the second slot in my motherboard, my PC refuses to start. It basically gives beeps continuously at regular intervals. When I remove the Corsair, it starts up just fine.

So I thought that probably one of the memory slots is faulty, and to check my hypothesis I inserted the Corsair in both the memory slots one at a time(without the Kingston). It didnt start either time. So basically the problem is with either the Corsair stick or its a compatibility issue. I can't buy a new one, and I am getting the Corsair stick replaced.

My question is can I use both the sticks? If so, then please be kind enough to guide me how. Thanks a lot.

Saket

tekas1234

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
No, no.....err forget what I said. It is no longer relevant. Through some annoying pleading on my part, the retailer agreed to exchange the memory stick for a Kingston one. Problem Solved!

Thanks a lot guys. :)

Q - What MOBO?
Q - What EXACT Kingston? How many sticks?
Corsair DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24-2N @ 1.50v - http://www.corsair.com/memory-by-product-family/value-select-memory-upgrades/vs2gb1333d3.html

Also, the Corsair you posted above is a SINGLE stick and IF you have a Dual Channel MOBO then there's probably 'no good' solution and IF you have 2 Sticks Kingston + 1 Stick Corsair then that's also a problem. Both Channels should be equal is size, and other no-no's are using 1 stick Kingston in Channel 0 and 1 stick Corsair in Channel -- the list goes on. If the Frequency, CAS timings, or Voltage are different that's a problem.

IMO - Choice #1 exchange for Kingston, Choice #2 the RAM MUST be manually set in the BIOS and correct aka best DIMM slots used.

TRENDING THREADS