[SOLVED] Mixing Corsair QL with LL fans with the rgb hub

SteelScorpionX

Reputable
Dec 5, 2019
So i got obsidian se rgb case with 3 LL fans and i just bought from amazon 3 pack of QL fans (CUZ I NEED THE RGB HUB THAT COMES WITH IT INSTEAD OF BYUING 3 LL FANS + RGB HUB IT WILL COST ABOUT THE SAME) to put on front, and the LL put 2 above with the AIO and 1 on the back. i saw a video of a guy claiming that it is possible to mix them if we connect the QLs first or something to the RGB HUB, and in the Ique softwear change to 6 QL fans.

my question is if this will actually work with all the effects or only the rainbow effect will work or static color.

Solution
You plan sounds like it works. Have commander pro and 2 ligthing nodes in my case. See no reason why this would not works. As long as rgb plugs into nodes it all work good. 3 of my LL fans turned face down to bring air into my case and have considered QL fans. Can see the rgb fine even with fans face down and it not bothering me very much. All wires from fans and rgb do seem a little intimidating. When building it helps to tag. I am having 9 things connect to lighthing nodes so why I needed 2nd one. :)

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
You plan sounds like it works. Have commander pro and 2 ligthing nodes in my case. See no reason why this would not works. As long as rgb plugs into nodes it all work good. 3 of my LL fans turned face down to bring air into my case and have considered QL fans. Can see the rgb fine even with fans face down and it not bothering me very much. All wires from fans and rgb do seem a little intimidating. When building it helps to tag. I am having 9 things connect to lighthing nodes so why I needed 2nd one. :)

Solution