Mixing Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 with Corsair Vengeance RGB LED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000

Oct 1, 2018
Hi, will these two (four) wirk together im thinking about upgradung my rug ti 32gb and those blastux are in sale. Latency is not same and CAS latency is not same, will it work?

Solution
Answer: Even with memory with the exact same specs, you pay your money and you take your chances. There's a reason that memory has come in matched kits since DDR3, and it's that the stuff is now very fussy about running in sets. I would not take the risk.
If you have to, it may work perfectly or you may have to reduce the speed and loosen the timings to get it work?
Answer: Even with memory with the exact same specs, you pay your money and you take your chances. There's a reason that memory has come in matched kits since DDR3, and it's that the stuff is now very fussy about running in sets. I would not take the risk.
If you have to, it may work perfectly or you may have to reduce the speed and loosen the timings to get it work?

Solution
Mix and matching RAM kits? The chance of having those kits work is a matter of luck.
According to my experience, the chance is not bad.
It is about 2 out of 3.

If they work, they will run with the speed of the slowest kit/module.

The only way to find out, if they work...unfortunately..only by trying

Is this for gaming? If so, you probably won't need more than 16GB any time soon, as only a limited number of current games are beginning to nudge over 8GB of RAM usage. I would expect 16GB of RAM to be enough for running any game at ultra settings for the next few years or so. Any unused RAM will just be sitting there, not doing anything.

Unless you know that you need more than 16GB of RAM for some specific task (like certain video editing software), I wouldn't bother, and would upgrade other components instead, especially since RAM is still priced relatively high right now.