Mixing Custom Sleeved Cables Manufacturers

Oct 25, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked before, just have a quick question regarding custom sleeved cables.

If I've previously been using a set of sleeved cables from cablemod with my EVGA power supply and want to replace a few of the cables (namely the atx and pcie cables) with custom sleeved cables from a local supplier to add a bit of colour to the setup. Am I likely to encounter any issues mixing cables from different sources / manufacturers together? Does it matter if I use an 8 pin pcie header instead of 6+2 header this time or do I need to worry about anything other than making sure they're compatible with the PSU? i.e. pin layout, awg 16 wire etc.

Thanks for the help!

"i.e. pin layout, awg 16 wire etc."

THIS is what is important.

You can connect however you want AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE CORRECT VOLTAGES AT THE CORRECT PINS WITH THE CORRECT GAUGE WIRE.

Be careful. There are cables that exist that can screw up your system bad because there are different "pinout" configurations.

I always tell people....to be safe....use the cables that came with your supply or EXACT replacements.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
At the end of the day, just wires and pins. As long as they are wired correctly you can mix and match sets of cables. Not like they can interfere with each other or anything.

6+2 vs 8-pin is literally no difference. 6-pin is supposed to be 5 wires, 8-pin, 7 wires. Though other configurations are supported. A lot of companies populate all six wires on the 6-pin connectors, just so it doesn't look empty. Just an extra ground wire at that point.