Jan 12, 2019
So as far as I can tell, both NVIDIA and AMD are withholding when it comes to 10-bit support in professional applications. I'm a professional photographer and color precision and range are pretty important but I'd also like to be able to do light gaming on the same system.

I'm looking to run both a quadro card (probably just a p600) so that I can actually run Photoshop in 10-bit and something around a 1660ti or 1070 for gaming.

Would it be possible to use the quadro exclusively for Photoshop 10-bit support and have the other GPU covering every other task without needing to restart the computer or every time I want to switch applications? If yes, how would I hook everything up? Configure it in windows 10 and Photoshop? I am fully willing to change a monitor input when switching between the two tasks.

Last edited:
On a modern system you can have as many GPUs as you like. And the GPU is selected in the NVidia Control panel and/or application itself. So your main desktop/gaming GPU is set in Nvidia Control panel but you go to "3d application settings" there and specifically set photoshop to use your quadro, then you select Quadro as 3d acceleration card in Photoshop setting.

You don't have to switch anything.

Ensure that Photoshop has been assigned the graphics card you need:

a. Right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose the NVIDIA control panel.

b. Click Manage 3D settings.

c. Click Program Settings and add Photoshop.exe. Change the preferred graphics processor. Add sniffer.exe and change the preferred graphics processor.

Last edited:
Reactions: fishinacup

TRENDING THREADS