Mixing different ram brands

connor.aldis98

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
Hey guys I purchased a new computer earlier this year; it includes a gtx 1080, ryzen 1700x ect. It's a pretty decent build however I stupidly forgot to get the same brand of ram as my previous build so I've been running two different branded ram sticks in my new pc. (8gb each) I also am using my old hard drive.

I've always felt like my pc doesn't preform to its fullest. I get a lot of random fps drops in game, stuttering and overall lag. I could never put my finger on what it is unless it's got to do with something above. Would any of the above cause issues and is mixing sticks a bad idea?

Thanks

It's possible that mixing the sticks is causing the issue....but it's also possible it's something else.

I have mixed sticks and they are running like that to this day.

I have also mixed sticks and had them not work at all....and everything else in between.

So you can try matched memory....and maybe it will solve your problem....but maybe it won't. It's a gamble.

So maybe you might want to poke around and look at other things first....like your temps....and your PSU voltages etc.....or.....just try the matched RAM first.

TRENDING THREADS