[SOLVED] Mixing different ram voltage (non rgb + rgb)

Jul 13, 2020
Hello guys, can I ask something about ram. So i already have this single 8gb 32000mhz ram and im very upset with the fps because it is single channel now im planning to buy another but the problem is this ram is so hard to find. So I search the internet and find compatible ram with same timing, frequency but different voltage my current ram has 1.35v and the ram the I found was 1.2v standard voltage. Im wondering if I can decrease the voltage of ram so that it would be the same

Ryzen 3 2200G
GA A320M S2H V2
8GB Avexir Core2 3200Mhz
XFX RX470 4GB

Solution
Hello guys, can I ask something about ram. So i already have this single 8gb 32000mhz ram and im very upset with the fps because it is single channel now im planning to buy another but the problem is this ram is so hard to find. So I search the internet and find compatible ram with same timing, frequency but different voltage my current ram has 1.35v and the ram the I found was 1.2v standard voltage. Im wondering if I can decrease the voltage of ram so that it would be the same

Ryzen 3 2200G
GA A320M S2H V2
8GB Avexir Core2 3200Mhz
XFX RX470 4GB

Every DDR4 memory DIMM runs by default at 1.2V.
When enabling an XMP profile, the voltage is being risen to 1.35V.

My safest advice is this:
Don’t mix RAM because you might end up...

Endre

Reputable

Ryzen 3 2200G
GA A320M S2H V2
8GB Avexir Core2 3200Mhz
XFX RX470 4GB

Every DDR4 memory DIMM runs by default at 1.2V.
When enabling an XMP profile, the voltage is being risen to 1.35V.

My safest advice is this:
Don’t mix RAM because you might end up with instabilities.
Sell your RAM module and buy a memory kit with 2 modules in it.

Reactions: ardearde
Solution