Apr 21, 2021
Hi to everyone , I have a really though question about mix GPU , for example my system ( 1030GT + Intel UHD630 )
I plug my display in the UHD630 (Motherboard) cuz the 1030 Doesnt have a vga connector , Everything is working fine but i have
some weird stuttering in my 1030 when i play some games ( CSGO,GTA V,Fornite) for some reason when i plug the display (HDMI) in my 1030 the stuttering dissapears
I make some benchmarks with the Vga cable connected to motherboard and the other one with the HDMI connected to the 1030 ( Both benchmarks are running with the 1030 )

VGA : 2950 PTS (1030)
HDMI : 3520 PTS (1030)

¿ why the HDMI its givin more performance than the VGA connector ?

Both benchmarks were make it with passmark Software

Solution
The GT1030 GDDR5 is a little more than twice as powerful as the HD630 igpu. If you happen to have been unlucky and got the DDR3 version (it's usually the cheaper version) then it's somewhat less than twice as powerful, closer to @ 1.5x.

That makes a big difference when the HD630 is struggling with your graphics settings and you aren't really stuttering, but have such low fps that you can visually see the frames change.

As suggested, get a decent converter (not the one that simply has both ends on the cable) and you'll be able to utilize the GT1030 by hdmi to vga (don't get vga to Hdmi! they are different, only work in one direction).

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hi to everyone , I have a really though question about mix GPU , for example my system ( 1030GT + Intel UHD630 )
I plug my display in the UHD630 (Motherboard) cuz the 1030 Doesnt have a vga connector , Everything is working fine but i have
some weird stuttering in my 1030 when i play some games ( CSGO,GTA V,Fornite) for some reason when i plug the display (HDMI) in my 1030 the stuttering dissapears
I make some benchmarks with the Vga cable connected to motherboard and the other one with the HDMI connected to the 1030 ( Both benchmarks are running with the 1030 )

VGA : 2950 PTS (1030)
HDMI : 3520 PTS (1030)

¿ why the HDMI its givin more performance than the VGA connector ?

Both benchmarks were make it with passmark Software

Because when you're connected to the motherboard, you're not using the GT 1030 at all. If you have an HDMI connector to your display, why are you using VGA? What exactly are you trying to do?

Apr 21, 2021
Because when you're connected to the motherboard, you're not using the GT 1030 at all. If you have an HDMI connector to your display, why are you using VGA? What exactly are you trying to do?
i have one old display wich is VGA 1920x1080 and other display wich is for the TV (HDMI) so there is were i test my 1030 with the TV display to see if something change

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The GT1030 GDDR5 is a little more than twice as powerful as the HD630 igpu. If you happen to have been unlucky and got the DDR3 version (it's usually the cheaper version) then it's somewhat less than twice as powerful, closer to @ 1.5x.

That makes a big difference when the HD630 is struggling with your graphics settings and you aren't really stuttering, but have such low fps that you can visually see the frames change.

As suggested, get a decent converter (not the one that simply has both ends on the cable) and you'll be able to utilize the GT1030 by hdmi to vga (don't get vga to Hdmi! they are different, only work in one direction).

Solution