[SOLVED] Mixing Kingston HyperX and Corsair LPX Vengeance. Safe?

Likrel

Honorable
Dec 3, 2015
I have 4 sticks of RAM and each pair of sticks has a different branding.
Both have the same speed, size and slot. 3200MHz, 8GB and DDR4.

The only difference I believe is the voltage speed, memory profile and latency speed (maybe more).
I am not a whizz on this kind of stuff and this is my first time adding additional RAM and with a different brand.
Will this cause complications or is it safe?

Solution
Even if you had the same brand, same speed, same timings, everything the same it is not guaranteed to work, UNLESS they all came in the same kit of 4 sticks.
Your kits have different timings? I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. But if you have to, try to set the timings, manually, of the slowest kit, see if it works.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Even if you had the same brand, same speed, same timings, everything the same it is not guaranteed to work, UNLESS they all came in the same kit of 4 sticks.
Your kits have different timings? I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. But if you have to, try to set the timings, manually, of the slowest kit, see if it works.

Solution
I have 4 sticks of RAM and each pair of sticks has a different branding.
Both have the same speed, size and slot. 3200MHz, 8GB and DDR4.

The only difference I believe is the voltage speed, memory profile and latency speed (maybe more).
I am not a whizz on this kind of stuff and this is my first time adding additional RAM and with a different brand.
Will this cause complications or is it safe?
It won’t kill anything but it’s a toss up if it works or not

Likrel

Honorable
Dec 3, 2015
My motherboard is the Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X.
I heard/read the RAM issue can be motherboard related.
Would it still be somewhat safe if I apply those sticks to this Motherboard?

TRENDING THREADS