Mixing Laptop and PC Audio into 1 headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Hello all,
So I have always wanted to play a game on my PC while having a film/video on a second screen.
I have been using my laptop as a way to watch youtube videos, but I have always had the problem of not having both audio streams come into my headset.

So, how can I mix the laptop and PC audio and listen to both through one headset.

I have a hyperx cloud 1 headset plugged into an asus xonar sound card in my PC.

Thanks for any help,
Barney6262.

warhead0

Distinguished
You'll need extra Hardware to do this properly.

Unfortunately the sound card does not allow two outputs at the same time. ( I also have a Xonar STX)

You could try plugging the second headphones into the motherboard audio, but it will only play from audio that is set to output to the motherboard.

For example I had Teamspeak audio coming through my Xonar STX into my headphones, I then have WinAmp playing music through my motherboard that was connected to my speakers.

So, I have two audio channels that can be used at the same time, but from different sources.

You might be able to get what you want with a 3.5mm Y-splitter cable

Hope that helps a little...

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for the answers, I did suspect I would need an audio mixer but I didn't know what to get.

Something like this
http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/087447-Rolls-MX56c?utm_...
should allow you to mix the laptop and PC audio.

Is there something a bit cheaper than that? I only need to mix 2 channels into one...

Thanks for the suggestion though.

You'll need extra Hardware to do this properly.

Unfortunately the sound card does not allow two outputs at the same time. ( I also have a Xonar STX)

You could try plugging the second headphones into the motherboard audio, but it will only play from audio that is set to output to the motherboard.

For example I had Teamspeak audio coming through my Xonar STX into my headphones, I then have WinAmp playing music through my motherboard that was connected to my speakers.

So, I have two audio channels that can be used at the same time, but from different sources.

You might be able to get what you want with a 3.5mm Y-splitter cable

Hope that helps a little...

I think you misunderstand. I have one pair of headphones and two sources of audio. So I need two inputs to be turned into one output.

Status
Not open for further replies.