[SOLVED] Mixing & matching RAM sticks

Alimonc

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012
Hello one and all

I hope you are all keeping well, this should be a quick one.

I'm looking to upgrade my memory from 32GB to 64GB - using Cinema 4D and other intensive video software is straining my PC.

The concern lies in my current sticks. I rather naively bought my current sticks on eBay - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz C16 - however, I only have 2 of what shows on the stick as 8x16GB, I was clearly sold 2 of an 8 pack. Cheeky.

Firstly, running only 2 sticks of an 8 pack, is there an issue there? And secondly, if I bought 2 more sticks (2x16GB), which are the exact same MHz, CAS/latency, voltage and then pair them with my current memory - could you foresee any problems from this?

Many thanks
A

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hello one and all

I hope you are all keeping well, this should be a quick one.

I'm looking to upgrade my memory from 32GB to 64GB - using Cinema 4D and other intensive video software is straining my PC.

The concern lies in my current sticks. I rather naively bought my current sticks on eBay - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz C16 - however, I only have 2 of what shows on the stick as 8x16GB, I was clearly sold 2 of an 8 pack. Cheeky.

Firstly, running only 2 sticks of an 8 pack, is there an issue there? And secondly, if I bought 2 more sticks (2x16GB), which are the exact same MHz, CAS/latency, voltage and then pair them with my current memory - could you foresee any problems from this?

Many thanks
A

It will likely work, but there's no guarantee that it will. The closest you can get to the specs (and model), the better.