Mixing Memory in Abit KR7A-133R

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt;,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd;,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Hi all,

I have one stick of 512mb(266MHz) non parity in my above board. I like
to add another stick of 512mb. Is it ok if i buy 400MHz stick.
Would it work, or should i stick to the same speed. The memory is
Cruciale by the way. Thanks for your comments.

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Yes it will work on your KT266a board and although you won't be using it's
full speed, at least if you later replace the mobo you'll be ready with some
PC3200