Question Mixing memory same brand/model, different CL

Salvinha

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2015
Hey guys, I'm willing to get some more memory to my system. Thing is, I can't really find the same memory I bought almost 4 years ago (16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3600Mhz CL17). I find either 3600Mhz CL18, or 3200MHz CL16 from this model. Which makes wonder, what would run best with my current kit? If it can run...
My current system is an Asus X470 F-Gaming with a Ryzen 2600x, which I plan to update to a 5800x sometime in the end of this year. I need to acquire some more memory for some taks I'm doing, and also to play.
Currently I manually set my RAM to run at 3200Mhz, so it should be ok if I get this CL16 kit. Right? It would only run slower if I'm right.
Also, I have no interest in raising frequencies more than this, not an overclocker here.
Other option is to get a kit from a different brand but with exactly the same specs? I'm aiming for a Hyperx Fury, which is 3600mhz CL17 1.35v kits too, same as mine.
Hardware is very expensive in my country, so I have few affordable options.

USAFRet

Titan
Question asked here multiple times per day.
"Mixing RAM...is it OK?"

The answer never changes. "Maybe".
It might work, it might not work. It might only run at the speed of the slowest.

The only guarantee of actually working is to buy a specific set of whatever size you need.