Question Mixing RAID disks with standalone disk - RAID undetected

radwan3

Honorable
Aug 25, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I was planning to have clean windows installation, after taking all necessary backups. but then got troubled with RAID configurations.

Here is my system specs and followed by my HDD planned configurations:

> System Specs:
  • Motherboard: Asus H97-PRO
  • 1x HDD: Seagate 1TB - ST1000DM003-1ER162
  • 2x HDD: Hitachi 500GB - HDS72105CLA362
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
> HDD Planned Setup:
  • Seagate drive to be partioned and host Windows setup.
  • Both Hitachi disks to setup as RAID 0 for storing games and video editing.

> What I did:
  1. went to BIOS, switched from ACHI to RAID mode.
  2. gone through RAID utility: configured both Hitachi Disks as RAID 0.
  3. both Hitchi disks were showing as members of RAID 0 (Disk1) while Seagate was not a member (Disk0).
  4. rebooted the PC to start fresh windows installation from USB flash.
  5. during the windows setup wizard, while preparing the disks, I noticed that RAID disks were not detected. ONLY Disk0 (Seagate) was detected.
  6. I didnt care much because my plan was to install the windows on seagate alone, so I patiotioned Disk 0 (seagate) and installed windows successfully.
  7. I have downloaded all the chipsets and drivers needed to the windows, yet RAID isnt detected by windows. not even on Disk Management which was showing only Disk 0 (seagate) and its partitions. oddly enough, Device Manager was listing both Hitachi disks under disk drives along the seagate.
  8. Also, I have downloaded Intel Rapid Storage Technology software and it is showing both Hitachi disks as Volume1, Type: RAID0 and total 932 GB space.

At this stage I gave up and dont know what to do. can anybody please help on this ?