Mixing ram sticks: same model, same brand but different version

Muhammad_161

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
I first bought corsair vengeance lpx 2400 mhz 8 gb ram stick with cas class c16 (16-16-16-39) and ver 5.39, now after a few months i bought same model and brand ram with same cas latency and timing but the ver written on ram is 3.21, will it cause any issues? Motherboard is gigabyte b310m, core i5 8400,

Well, if you already bought the module just try it on your system. Nothing bad can happen to your PC.
It's always recommended to buy memory modules as a kit(they are tested together).
Install the new module and see if it works with the old one. It may or may not be compatible.

Also you meant that your motherboard is a Gigabyte H310, a B310 chipset doesn't exist.

Lutfij

Titan
I wouldn't try it but since you already purchased it, there might not be a turning back point for you. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update and then drop in the new stick of ram corresponding your motherboard manual for a dual channel setup.

I always suggest investing in a kit to begin with since the same stick of ram although from the same maker will not be from the same assembly line, let alone of the same PCB revision as the one you first bought.

Might I ask where you're located?

Muhammad_161

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017

Pakistan, but the point is i couldnt afford to buy a kit back then, these ram manufacturers have really made it complex to upgrade your damn system, back in the day is mixed two entirely different rams and no problems occurred now you have to match even a damn pcb