[SOLVED] Mixing RAM with different SPD but same TESTED spec (Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB)

McDimm

Honorable
Feb 19, 2015
Hi All,
Kindly need your advice. I'm currently using intel 9th gen platform with corsair dominator platinum (M2Z version) 16GB/3200 running stable using XMP.
Due to my needs, i need to expand to 32GB and having problem with my local market stock of the very same kit.

There are, however similar type available (M2C version) which optimized for intel platform (yes, just knew this recently that M2Z are optimized for Ryzen ram sensitive platform).

After comparing both versions, there are SPD and TESTED spec. The rated SPD is different, but rated TESTED spec seems the same. Any advice regarding this case? I'm worried about the compatibility. I'm yet to consider buying entirely new kit of 2x16 because it will double the upgrade cost and i find it difficult to sold pre-owned ram here.

Thanks

Solution
Hi All,
Kindly need your advice. I'm currently using intel 9th gen platform with corsair dominator platinum (M2Z version) 16GB/3200 running stable using XMP.
Due to my needs, i need to expand to 32GB and having problem with my local market stock of the very same kit.

There are, however similar type available (M2C version) which optimized for intel platform (yes, just knew this recently that M2Z are optimized for Ryzen ram sensitive platform).

After comparing both versions, there are SPD and TESTED spec. The rated SPD is different, but rated TESTED spec seems the same. Any advice regarding this case? I'm worried about the compatibility. I'm yet to consider buying entirely new kit of 2x16 because it will double the...
Hi All,

After comparing both versions, there are SPD and TESTED spec. The rated SPD is different, but rated TESTED spec seems the same. Any advice regarding this case? I'm worried about the compatibility. I'm yet to consider buying entirely new kit of 2x16 because it will double the upgrade cost and i find it difficult to sold pre-owned ram here.

Thanks
Their timings are identical on the xmp profile so it should be compatible, and if notr your bios should automatically configure that part.

Reactions: McDimm
Solution