Jul 3, 2020
Hello!

I have a Gigabyte B450M DS3H & A Ryzen 2600. I have been using G.Skill's Aegis DDR4 2400MHz (2x8GB) RAM for some time now and looked to upgrade. I stupidly purchased another set of Aegis sticks, but these are running at 3000MHz.

Booting normally, Windows only acknowledges 16GB of the 32, I have been trying to tinker with my memory and voltages in the BIOS settings, but seem to be confused at what exactly I should be changing? I just end up with boot failures. Any idea how I can fix this? or am I screwed?

jailhousews

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
Although not reccomended, I've had success in the past myself with using mismatched RAM but my system was able to detect and automatically set them all to run at the lowest frequency and timings out of the lot and set voltage settings that worked. If yours doesn't do it automatically you might still get it to work, as you said, by changing the settings manually but someone who knows more than me will have to help you there. I've never messed around with adjusting my memory settings myself outside of loading an XMP profile.

Jul 3, 2020
Although not reccomended, I've had success in the past myself with using mismatched RAM but my system was able to detect and automatically set them all to run at the lowest frequency and timings out of the lot and set voltage settings that worked. If yours doesn't do it automatically you might still get it to work, as you said, by changing the settings manually but someone who knows more than me will have to help you there. I've never messed around with adjusting my memory settings myself outside of loading an XMP profile.

Yea, guess I need more info on if my MB can do this.