[SOLVED] Mixmatched memory, pc won't boot, stuck on CPU error

Jan 7, 2019
Hello!
Got a new 16gb kit of vengence pro rgb, tried to test the kit in my system that already had a 16gb Gskill trident z kit in it.

Installed the sticks, went into bios, booted, everything was fine until i started getting bsod symptons, then the bsod happened a few minutes later. Tried tuning the memory, turned the OC option to auto, instead of a fixed speed. Reboot, nothing. Haven't been able to get into the bios since then.

If i try to boot, i get LEDs and case fans spinning, sometimes the gpu fans will spin. Hdd will also spin for a while, then go off. My perpherals arent getting power either.

I've tried many things, testing each slot with one module, the existing kit, and the new kit seperately, testing the power cables, flashing the bios, rebooting many times. I'm at my wits end, i am defeated, i've tried reading up on troubleshooting, but i don't know what will help.

Specs;
Ryzen 2700x
Msi b450 gaming pro carbon
Strix 1080
Evo 960 m.2 + 840 evo sata
Barracuda 2tb hdd
16gb Gskill trident z rgb 3200mhz

Solution
After calming down and collecting myself, i tried troubleshooting again, there was still one thing i was curious about, the CMOS, and low and behold jumping the cmos to reset it fixed the problem completely after two reboots. I just followed the manuals instructions. I don't know the specifics but now it's running smoothly again.
Jan 7, 2019
After calming down and collecting myself, i tried troubleshooting again, there was still one thing i was curious about, the CMOS, and low and behold jumping the cmos to reset it fixed the problem completely after two reboots. I just followed the manuals instructions. I don't know the specifics but now it's running smoothly again.

Solution