MM restore complete Pics are up.

Well, another one joins the herd......and this one ain't goin
anywhere anytime soon. :)

I took plenty of "under the hood" pics just for Gary. I still say
what's under there is as important as what's on top.

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins?page=2

You can also see pics of the cabinet prep and decal installation in
albims on the same page.

Allow me to thank the following people for products or services.

BAA
Marco
PBR
Pinball Life (I like to spread my parts buying around.)

Scot at Pinrestore for the great rivet press and other hard to find
tools.

Allen at Treasurecove for the great back board decal and all the
restore tips he's been willing to share. (Bleche Wite is your
friend.)

Jeff at Classic Arcade for the shop out decals.

Chris Hutchins for the beautiful touchup and clearcoat job and the
unbelievably fast turn around time.

Darin Jacobs for the cab decals. (Wished I had bought them when they
were on sale.)

Chris at Big Time Cabinets for the warning text silk-screening.
Clive at The Cauldron.......oh wait, I didn't need Clive this time.
Well, thanks for being there when I "do" need you, Clive.

All the guys on RGP that are willing to share their experiences,
techniques, pics, etc. I've learned a lot from you.

And finally, my buddy Glen for the use of his "what a shop should not
look like" shop and the Grain Belt Premium.

Time to clean the shop and get ready for the next one.

Next up.......WHITE WATER!!!!! Yee Haa!!!!

Damn, I knew I'd forget someone.

And John Wart Jr. for hosting the pic site for all us computer
illiterates. Thanks again John. Without you, I'd be keeping this all
to myself. ;-)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

Bryan Kelly wrote:
> Well, another one joins the herd......and this one ain't goin
> anywhere anytime soon. :)
>
> I took plenty of "under the hood" pics just for Gary. I still say
> what's under there is as important as what's on top.
>
> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins?page=2
>
> You can also see pics of the cabinet prep and decal installation in
> albims on the same page.
>
> Allow me to thank the following people for products or services.
>
> BAA
> Marco
> PBR
> Pinball Life (I like to spread my parts buying around.)
>
> Scot at Pinrestore for the great rivet press and other hard to find
> tools.
>
> Allen at Treasurecove for the great back board decal and all the
> restore tips he's been willing to share. (Bleche Wite is your
> friend.)
>
> Jeff at Classic Arcade for the shop out decals.
>
> Chris Hutchins for the beautiful touchup and clearcoat job and the
> unbelievably fast turn around time.
>
> Darin Jacobs for the cab decals. (Wished I had bought them when they
> were on sale.)
>
> Chris at Big Time Cabinets for the warning text silk-screening.
> Clive at The Cauldron.......oh wait, I didn't need Clive this time.
> Well, thanks for being there when I "do" need you, Clive.
>
> All the guys on RGP that are willing to share their experiences,
> techniques, pics, etc. I've learned a lot from you.
>
> And finally, my buddy Glen for the use of his "what a shop should not
> look like" shop and the Grain Belt Premium.
>
> Time to clean the shop and get ready for the next one.
>
> Next up.......WHITE WATER!!!!! Yee Haa!!!!

You plug it in yet and turn it on ? I didn't see any smoke or charred
remains in those pictures. LTG :)

"Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
> Well, another one joins the herd......and this one ain't goin
> anywhere anytime soon. :)
>
> I took plenty of "under the hood" pics just for Gary. I still say
> what's under there is as important as what's on top.
>
> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins?page=2
>
> You can also see pics of the cabinet prep and decal installation in
> albims on the same page.
>
> Allow me to thank the following people for products or services.
>
> BAA
> Marco
> PBR
> Pinball Life (I like to spread my parts buying around.)
>
> Scot at Pinrestore for the great rivet press and other hard to find
> tools.
>
> Allen at Treasurecove for the great back board decal and all the
> restore tips he's been willing to share. (Bleche Wite is your
> friend.)
>
> Jeff at Classic Arcade for the shop out decals.
>
> Chris Hutchins for the beautiful touchup and clearcoat job and the
> unbelievably fast turn around time.
>
> Darin Jacobs for the cab decals. (Wished I had bought them when they
> were on sale.)
>
> Chris at Big Time Cabinets for the warning text silk-screening.
> Clive at The Cauldron.......oh wait, I didn't need Clive this time.
> Well, thanks for being there when I "do" need you, Clive.
>
> All the guys on RGP that are willing to share their experiences,
> techniques, pics, etc. I've learned a lot from you.
>
> LTG :) For helping me when I turn it on and it bursts into flames
>
> And finally, my buddy Glen for the use of his "what a shop should not
> look like" shop and the Grain Belt Premium.
>
> Time to clean the shop and get ready for the next one.
>
> Next up.......WHITE WATER!!!!! Yee Haa!!!!

Chad

Very nice indeed!! My question is when you paint the interior of the
cabinet, do you add spacers so the playfield cannot move too much to
the left or right upon servicing?? To scratch it would be unholy.
Thank you,
ILLinois Chad

I swear Lloyd, nothing but a few minor fixes once it was done. Nothing
major at all.......this time. :)

Lloyd Olson wrote:
> You plug it in yet and turn it on ? I didn't see any smoke or charred
> remains in those pictures. LTG :)
>
> "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Well, another one joins the herd......and this one ain't goin
> > anywhere anytime soon. :)
> >
> > I took plenty of "under the hood" pics just for Gary. I still say
> > what's under there is as important as what's on top.
> >
> > http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins?page=2
> >
> > You can also see pics of the cabinet prep and decal installation in
> > albims on the same page.
> >
> > Allow me to thank the following people for products or services.
> >
> > BAA
> > Marco
> > PBR
> > Pinball Life (I like to spread my parts buying around.)
> >
> > Scot at Pinrestore for the great rivet press and other hard to find
> > tools.
> >
> > Allen at Treasurecove for the great back board decal and all the
> > restore tips he's been willing to share. (Bleche Wite is your
> > friend.)
> >
> > Jeff at Classic Arcade for the shop out decals.
> >
> > Chris Hutchins for the beautiful touchup and clearcoat job and the
> > unbelievably fast turn around time.
> >
> > Darin Jacobs for the cab decals. (Wished I had bought them when they
> > were on sale.)
> >
> > Chris at Big Time Cabinets for the warning text silk-screening.
> > Clive at The Cauldron.......oh wait, I didn't need Clive this time.
> > Well, thanks for being there when I "do" need you, Clive.
> >
> > All the guys on RGP that are willing to share their experiences,
> > techniques, pics, etc. I've learned a lot from you.
> >
> > LTG :) For helping me when I turn it on and it bursts into flames
> >
> > And finally, my buddy Glen for the use of his "what a shop should not
> > look like" shop and the Grain Belt Premium.
> >
> > Time to clean the shop and get ready for the next one.
> >
> > Next up.......WHITE WATER!!!!! Yee Haa!!!!

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Bryan wouldn't know.

Once he seals them them up he never plays them or maintains them.

:>)

Otto

CARGPB11

"chad" <chadsgames@aol.com> wrote in message
> Very nice indeed!! My question is when you paint the interior of the
> cabinet, do you add spacers so the playfield cannot move too much to
> the left or right upon servicing?? To scratch it would be unholy.

Byan...

Impressive.... most impressive.

So, when can I come and play it?

Great job!

Curt

Nice job...I put about 80 hours into my MM. Worth every minute of it.
Thanks for sharing. John

--
FunHouse...Cyclone...Eight Ball...Solar Ride...Silverball Mania...Medieval
Madness :)
"Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
> Well, another one joins the herd......and this one ain't goin
> anywhere anytime soon. :)
>
> I took plenty of "under the hood" pics just for Gary. I still say
> what's under there is as important as what's on top.
>
> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins?page=2
>
> You can also see pics of the cabinet prep and decal installation in
> albims on the same page.
>
> Allow me to thank the following people for products or services.
>
> BAA
> Marco
> PBR
> Pinball Life (I like to spread my parts buying around.)
>
> Scot at Pinrestore for the great rivet press and other hard to find
> tools.
>
> Allen at Treasurecove for the great back board decal and all the
> restore tips he's been willing to share. (Bleche Wite is your
> friend.)
>
> Jeff at Classic Arcade for the shop out decals.
>
> Chris Hutchins for the beautiful touchup and clearcoat job and the
> unbelievably fast turn around time.
>
> Darin Jacobs for the cab decals. (Wished I had bought them when they
> were on sale.)
>
> Chris at Big Time Cabinets for the warning text silk-screening.
> Clive at The Cauldron.......oh wait, I didn't need Clive this time.
> Well, thanks for being there when I "do" need you, Clive.
>
> All the guys on RGP that are willing to share their experiences,
> techniques, pics, etc. I've learned a lot from you.
>
> And finally, my buddy Glen for the use of his "what a shop should not
> look like" shop and the Grain Belt Premium.
>
> Time to clean the shop and get ready for the next one.
>
> Next up.......WHITE WATER!!!!! Yee Haa!!!!

martin

Now, who was asking about how could a pin be better than NIB????

I have two questions of style.

1) I paint the hidden surfaces of the backbox as well. Just because you
can't see it doesn't mean that you should not clean it.

2) I also like to smooth the edges of the backbox bezel.
http://www.iobium.com/DSCN1085.JPG

You've got a standing invite, Curt. Just let me know you're coming.
:)

curtusua@adelphia.net wrote:
> Byan...
>
> Impressive.... most impressive.
>
> So, when can I come and play it?
>
> Great job!
>
> Curt

As usual, very nice Bryan. ;)

--
Pins - M*M - M*B - A*FM - R*FM - ST*TNG - L*OTR - R*F

Vids - D*nkey Kong

Past Pins - H*S#1 - T*Z - H*S #2 - C*C - S*C - C*V - W*H20

1) Trust me Martin, everything on this game got cleaned. As for the
painting, I prefer the original look. I've seen guys paint the entire
inside of the head and cab and I just don't like the look.

2) Once again, Martin, trust me, you don't want to know how many
sanding disks I go through when restoring a pin. And yes, those edges
get it too. :)

martin wrote:
> Now, who was asking about how could a pin be better than NIB????
>
> I have two questions of style.
>
> 1) I paint the hidden surfaces of the backbox as well. Just because you
> can't see it doesn't mean that you should not clean it.
>
> 2) I also like to smooth the edges of the backbox bezel.
> http://www.iobium.com/DSCN1085.JPG

Thanks Dave, Gary tells me you do some nice work yourself. :)

David Schulpius wrote:
> Wow Bryan! That beats any restoration I could ever do! Great job!
> Dave
>
> Bryan Kelly wrote:
> > Well, another one joins the herd......and this one ain't goin
> > anywhere anytime soon. :)
> >
> > I took plenty of "under the hood" pics just for Gary. I still say
> > what's under there is as important as what's on top.
> >
> > http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins?page=2
> >
> > You can also see pics of the cabinet prep and decal installation in
> > albims on the same page.
> >
> > Allow me to thank the following people for products or services.
> >
> > BAA
> > Marco
> > PBR
> > Pinball Life (I like to spread my parts buying around.)
> >
> > Scot at Pinrestore for the great rivet press and other hard to find
> > tools.
> >
> > Allen at Treasurecove for the great back board decal and all the
> > restore tips he's been willing to share. (Bleche Wite is your
> > friend.)
> >
> > Jeff at Classic Arcade for the shop out decals.
> >
> > Chris Hutchins for the beautiful touchup and clearcoat job and the
> > unbelievably fast turn around time.
> >
> > Darin Jacobs for the cab decals. (Wished I had bought them when they
> > were on sale.)
> >
> > Chris at Big Time Cabinets for the warning text silk-screening.
> > Clive at The Cauldron.......oh wait, I didn't need Clive this time.
> > Well, thanks for being there when I "do" need you, Clive.
> >
> > All the guys on RGP that are willing to share their experiences,
> > techniques, pics, etc. I've learned a lot from you.
> >
> > And finally, my buddy Glen for the use of his "what a shop should not
> > look like" shop and the Grain Belt Premium.
> >
> > Time to clean the shop and get ready for the next one.
> >
> > Next up.......WHITE WATER!!!!! Yee Haa!!!!

Make that A+++++ Minty Fresh

Pseudo HUO

Anyone like that name "Pseudo HUO" for a pin that looks HUO, but is
actually a bunch of reproduced stuff?

Little difficult on the spelling

no insult intended since that is the direction my collection is going

a good one at that ...

gary

Excellent work Bryan...brings back memories of last summer when I went
OCD fanatical on mine ;-)

-Jeremy
TS, CFTBL, MM, LOTR, SS

martin

Better than HUO as well, I think. In pinball, the reproductions are
often (but not always) better than the originals. The repro ramps are a
case in point.

Your collection will spoil you for regular HUO pins. I have to think
that you have a hard time when you see one of your high-end
restorations next to a regular machine!

martin

Not to mention the rolls of shop towels, naptha and Novus! (are you
allowed to have naptha....?).

I did my Creature all black inside. The wood was extra dirty, and I
wanted to keep reflected light down because of the window. The MB got
sanding and a clearcoat - which I agree looks sharper. I have wondered
about chroming the grills...

Bryan Kelly wrote:
> Well, another one joins the herd......and this one ain't goin
> anywhere anytime soon. :)
>
> I took plenty of "under the hood" pics just for Gary. I still say
> what's under there is as important as what's on top.
>
> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins?page=2
>
> You can also see pics of the cabinet prep and decal installation in
> albims on the same page.
>
> Allow me to thank the following people for products or services.
>
> BAA
> Marco
> PBR
> Pinball Life (I like to spread my parts buying around.)
>
> Scot at Pinrestore for the great rivet press and other hard to find
> tools.
>
> Allen at Treasurecove for the great back board decal and all the
> restore tips he's been willing to share. (Bleche Wite is your
> friend.)
>
> Jeff at Classic Arcade for the shop out decals.
>
> Chris Hutchins for the beautiful touchup and clearcoat job and the
> unbelievably fast turn around time.
>
> Darin Jacobs for the cab decals. (Wished I had bought them when they
> were on sale.)
>
> Chris at Big Time Cabinets for the warning text silk-screening.
> Clive at The Cauldron.......oh wait, I didn't need Clive this time.
> Well, thanks for being there when I "do" need you, Clive.
>
> All the guys on RGP that are willing to share their experiences,
> techniques, pics, etc. I've learned a lot from you.
>
> And finally, my buddy Glen for the use of his "what a shop should not
> look like" shop and the Grain Belt Premium.
>
> Time to clean the shop and get ready for the next one.
>
> Next up.......WHITE WATER!!!!! Yee Haa!!!!

Very nice work Bryan, ... very nice. You just know a pin will be around "for
a long time" when it's restored to A++ like this one!
Yeppers, ... I'd go as far as calling it ..... "Minty Fresh"!!! :)

Allen

"Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
> Well, another one joins the herd......and this one ain't goin
> anywhere anytime soon. :)
>
> I took plenty of "under the hood" pics just for Gary. I still say
> what's under there is as important as what's on top.
>
> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins?page=2
>
> You can also see pics of the cabinet prep and decal installation in
> albims on the same page.
>
> Allow me to thank the following people for products or services.
>
> BAA
> Marco
> PBR
> Pinball Life (I like to spread my parts buying around.)
>
> Scot at Pinrestore for the great rivet press and other hard to find
> tools.
>
> Allen at Treasurecove for the great back board decal and all the
> restore tips he's been willing to share. (Bleche Wite is your
> friend.)
>
> Jeff at Classic Arcade for the shop out decals.
>
> Chris Hutchins for the beautiful touchup and clearcoat job and the
> unbelievably fast turn around time.
>
> Darin Jacobs for the cab decals. (Wished I had bought them when they
> were on sale.)
>
> Chris at Big Time Cabinets for the warning text silk-screening.
> Clive at The Cauldron.......oh wait, I didn't need Clive this time.
> Well, thanks for being there when I "do" need you, Clive.
>
> All the guys on RGP that are willing to share their experiences,
> techniques, pics, etc. I've learned a lot from you.
>
> And finally, my buddy Glen for the use of his "what a shop should not
> look like" shop and the Grain Belt Premium.
>
> Time to clean the shop and get ready for the next one.
>
> Next up.......WHITE WATER!!!!! Yee Haa!!!!

er .... BETTER than Minty Fresh! :)

Allen

"Treasurecove" <TreasureSPAMcove@iglou.com> wrote in message
> Very nice work Bryan, ... very nice. You just know a pin will be around
> "for a long time" when it's restored to A++ like this one!
> Yeppers, ... I'd go as far as calling it ..... "Minty Fresh"!!! :)
>
> Allen
>
> "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Well, another one joins the herd......and this one ain't goin
>> anywhere anytime soon. :)
>>
>> I took plenty of "under the hood" pics just for Gary. I still say
>> what's under there is as important as what's on top.
>>
>> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins?page=2
>>
>> You can also see pics of the cabinet prep and decal installation in
>> albims on the same page.
>>
>> Allow me to thank the following people for products or services.
>>
>> BAA
>> Marco
>> PBR
>> Pinball Life (I like to spread my parts buying around.)
>>
>> Scot at Pinrestore for the great rivet press and other hard to find
>> tools.
>>
>> Allen at Treasurecove for the great back board decal and all the
>> restore tips he's been willing to share. (Bleche Wite is your
>> friend.)
>>
>> Jeff at Classic Arcade for the shop out decals.
>>
>> Chris Hutchins for the beautiful touchup and clearcoat job and the
>> unbelievably fast turn around time.
>>
>> Darin Jacobs for the cab decals. (Wished I had bought them when they
>> were on sale.)
>>
>> Chris at Big Time Cabinets for the warning text silk-screening.
>> Clive at The Cauldron.......oh wait, I didn't need Clive this time.
>> Well, thanks for being there when I "do" need you, Clive.
>>
>> All the guys on RGP that are willing to share their experiences,
>> techniques, pics, etc. I've learned a lot from you.
>>
>> And finally, my buddy Glen for the use of his "what a shop should not
>> look like" shop and the Grain Belt Premium.
>>
>> Time to clean the shop and get ready for the next one.
>>
>> Next up.......WHITE WATER!!!!! Yee Haa!!!!

what would this machine be worth if sold at an exclusive auction?
10grand?
Wonderful job. Im almost jealous that someone has THAT much patience
and can turn out such beautiful work. I thought restoring my Shadow in
3 weeks was a long time and tedious job. Did you make a video of the
entire process? Id like to see a tv show on Discovery or TLC on pinball
and video game restorations. This would have made a great episode.

drew

I have no idea idea what my MM is worth, Drew, but I wouldn't let it go
for less then $10,000. Makes no difference cause it ain't for sale.

10 years ago when my 2 kids were younger, I would have had no time for
pinball. Coaching baseball, softball, bowling, etc......well, you get
the idea, I simply didn't have the time. Now that my wife and I are
empty nesters, I've got nothing better to do with my free time.

I guess one reason I post pics like this is to let others know that you
really can make these things look nice if you want to. If you learn
anything from them, that's great.

Years ago, I can remember looking at pics of Kerry Stairs or Robert
Winters or Allen Shopes or Chris Hutchins and others, and thinking to
myself, if they can do it, why can't I. :)

Just remember, everyone gets something different from this hobby. You
certainly don't have to do what I do to enjoy pinball.