MMC 2.0 convert to 1.2???/

David

Hello all,

I have creadted a nice IPSEC policy on my xp pro. The MMC
was saved as a firewall.msc file in author mode. However
when I copy the file on my windows 2000 the mmc cannot
open it. My 2000 mmc is version 1.2 I noticed that version
2.0 is not available for 2000 but is their a converstion
program of some sort or some editing that I can do to the
txt file to get my 2000 to read the mmc.

Summary.
I need my 2.0 MMC to accessible to a windows 2000 computer.

Thanks for any help.

David,

ozone

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

At this time, there is no work around for backward compatibility for the MMC
snap-ins except to recreate it under Win2K MMC 1.2

Ozone
"David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have creadted a nice IPSEC policy on my xp pro. The MMC
> was saved as a firewall.msc file in author mode. However
> when I copy the file on my windows 2000 the mmc cannot
> open it. My 2000 mmc is version 1.2 I noticed that version
> 2.0 is not available for 2000 but is their a converstion
> program of some sort or some editing that I can do to the
> txt file to get my 2000 to read the mmc.
>
> Summary.
> I need my 2.0 MMC to accessible to a windows 2000 computer.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> David,

You can also export just the ipsec policy from the mmc of the XP Pro computer
and then import it into the W2K computer using it's native mmc. --- Steve