MMC 9.02 will not record TV

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

MultiMedia Center 9.02
ATI All in Wonder Radeon

Changes: Installed version 9.02 from a product that was several years
old (4.xx).It worked at one time but I had not tried it since the
upgrade:

When I click the "Start recording" button on the control, the button
depresses, the TV display flickers once quickly and the button
immediately returns to the non depressed state. If I right click on
the button and select record for 1 minute, the flicker does not occur
and still no file is created.

A directory is created on the designated drive e:\ATI MMC\username but
there are not any files in the directory.

The FAQs indicate a problem when the software is installed on a FAT
drive and the files are being saved to an NTFS drive. All of my drives
are NTFS.

In the TV Setup Control the following are selected:
VGA Resolution
Disk Space: Always Record to Temporary Drive is checked
Temporary drive: E:\ 48GB Free

One Touch Record: Record for 00 days 00 hrs 01 mins
E:\ATI MMC
Style: User Defined VideoZZZ

When hovering over the Record (VCR) button the pop up displays "Start
Recording (Ctrl+R)>" and an animated mouse with the right button
blinking. This message never changes.

The Still Capture works fine.

My goal is to attach my VCR to the board and copy VHS tapes to disk
and then to DVD. First step is trying to record anything.

What might be causing the issue?
Thanks

"Dave" <dave@wendels.org> wrote in message
<snip>

> What might be causing the issue?
> Thanks

If you install 9.02 you need at least an MMC 8.1 or higher CDROM to get the
correct MPEG2 DVD Decoder from otherwise you won't have a complete
installation. While its true that the DVD Decoder isn't NEEDED in an MMC
install, I've had problems trying to get things working properly
(particularly with the TV Player), without it. Additionally, did you follow
the pre-requisite installation requirements before installing 9.02 (e.g. the
things that the download page refers to and directs you to install prior to
MMC)? Did you uninstall all traces of the old MMC first before installing
the new one, did you install the latest (or at least very recent) drivers
first before installing MMC? Have a re-read of the MMC prerequisites and
ensure you've met them all and installed things in the correct order. I'm
using an All In Wonder Radeon with MMC 9.02 and Windows Server 2003
Enterprise (also used XP Pro) and the combination works fine.

Paul