I have a MMC/SD in my camera and love it -- for that. I don't haved a USB
reader and see where they are from $10 to $30 and for USB2 are quite fast.

Yes, I've read the ads on these things but haven't read where you can store
data from your PC to the card -- as if the card is simply another drive.
Can you or can't you?

Len Miller

--
To email reply, eradicate all threes in my SPAM guarded address.

Previously Fatfreek <mil3le3rlr@ark3ans3as.net> wrote:
> I have a MMC/SD in my camera and love it -- for that. I don't haved a USB
> reader and see where they are from $10 to $30 and for USB2 are quite fast.

> Yes, I've read the ads on these things but haven't read where you can store
> data from your PC to the card -- as if the card is simply another drive.
> Can you or can't you?

Usually you can. It is just a removable writable medium. Often
the filesystem is FAT 16 or FAT 32, but you can change that if
you want (although your camera might then not be able to access it).

Some cameras with USB interface can also be used as a MMC/SD card
reader/writer, others (like my Canon Powershot A40) use a special
protocol and do not show up as regular drives.

Arno
---