MMORPG Performance Question.

Oprisan Alexandru

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
Hi guys, i just have trouble with the most mmorpg on my computer, and my fps on guild wars 2 on very low it's like 30 but when i look down, it's 130? Why?
My pc specs :
Sapphire r7 250 2gb ddr3
Intel i5 2400 3.10ghz
4gb of ram
Motherboard : Intel Q67 Express ( HP 1494 )
I always have trouble with mmorpg's and it's my favorite genre of the games...What should i do? I play on 720p, this should work very great.
I just updated my driver for video card, Windows 10.And nothing is changed.The fps it's the same.What can i do? I use ccleaner sometimes, i used malwarebytes and same.My system it's cleaned.

G

Im 100% sure an i5 6600k and a gtx 970 with 8gb ram would run it butter smooth no matter how badly optimizied it is

G

The witcher 1 mass effect 1 dragon age origins crysis 1 prototype 1(the only game that runs better on a radeon hd 7770 than on a gtx 970 xD )

G

Its a bit low performing one nothing more i think this should be normal but you said you have 30 fps thats all right you can play it a 750 might not be the best upgrade you can do but better than hat you have now for sure im just saying you might want to change that in a year too and thats not cost effective

G

That is the price of the gtx 750ti you will be able to max most games at your resolution (or at least run games better than consoles do)
You should have no problem with guild wars 2 using that card

G

Its a very cpu intenive game (i think the most cpu intensive game today) so it can be affected by processor speed also internet speed ;)

Exeonx

Honorable
Jul 5, 2015
I've been playing GW2 since it released, and I currently have a 980GTX TI, still FPS is 40 in certain areas, I keep hearing GW2 is an exception and is heavy on the CPU, I'll upgrade my CPU to the new 6700K within this month, but I'm fairly certain it's the old game engine and the amount of players the game has to render in certain areas that make a stable 60FPS @ 1080p imposible for this game, I'm not sure, but just be aware a GPU won't help you much.