MN-700 critical update crashes

Andrew

I am getting following error when I try to run critical
update for my MN-700.

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
---------------------------
Runtime Error!

Program: ...gram Files\Microsoft Broadband
Networking\MSBNUpdate.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it
in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Update Version: 2.11.15.0
ICF: Disabled
OS: Win 2003 Server
Runtime: 7.0.3790.0

I debugged it a little bit and saw these exceptions:

First-chance exception at 0x77e649d3 in MSBNUpdate.exe:
Microsoft C++ exception: precondition_error @ 0x0012ead0.
First-chance exception at 0x77e649d3 in MSBNUpdate.exe:
Microsoft C++ exception: [rethrow] @ 0x00000000.
First-chance exception at 0x77e649d3 in MSBNUpdate.exe:
Microsoft C++ exception: precondition_error @ 0x033bfadc.
First-chance exception at 0x77e649d3 in MSBNUpdate.exe:
Microsoft C++ exception: [rethrow] @ 0x00000000.
Unhandled exception at 0x77e649d3 in MSBNUpdate.exe:
Microsoft C++ exception: precondition_error @ 0x033bfadc.

Any help?

joker

Running the update from a Win2k3 Server OS is not supported.

Andrew wrote:
> I am getting following error when I try to run critical
> update for my MN-700.
>
> ---------------------------
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> ---------------------------
> Runtime Error!
>
> Program: ...gram Files\Microsoft Broadband
> Networking\MSBNUpdate.exe
>

> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it
> in an unusual way.
> Please contact the application's support team for more
> information.
>

> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------
>

> Update Version: 2.11.15.0
> ICF: Disabled
> OS: Win 2003 Server
> Runtime: 7.0.3790.0
>
> I debugged it a little bit and saw these exceptions:
>
> First-chance exception at 0x77e649d3 in MSBNUpdate.exe:
> Microsoft C++ exception: precondition_error @ 0x0012ead0.
> First-chance exception at 0x77e649d3 in MSBNUpdate.exe:
> Microsoft C++ exception: [rethrow] @ 0x00000000.
> First-chance exception at 0x77e649d3 in MSBNUpdate.exe:
> Microsoft C++ exception: precondition_error @ 0x033bfadc.
> First-chance exception at 0x77e649d3 in MSBNUpdate.exe:
> Microsoft C++ exception: [rethrow] @ 0x00000000.
> Unhandled exception at 0x77e649d3 in MSBNUpdate.exe:
> Microsoft C++ exception: precondition_error @ 0x033bfadc.
>
> Any help?

Andrew

Yes, I got that. But why don't dispay nice message box
instead of crashing? I guess I am asking too much :)

joker

It clearly states on the Readme file for the update that you didn't read
even though the download page says that you should. Once again RTFM.