MN700 and WPA

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

I'm having a very annoying problem with this router.
When using WEP encryption, the router hums along without
incident. When I enable WPA however, the MN710 adapters
are not allowed to connect to the router. I get an
invalid key warning. The phrase is the same across the
network and yet the router repeatedly tells me they are
invalid. This is either a problem with the router or
the adapter software. All machines are on XP pro and
have the WPA update installed. When I call tech support
I get the "are you at the computer" question. I know
what the symptoms are, I just want a solution rather than
going through the motions with no end result.

Microsoft: Is there a bug in your code? Yes or no and
when can I get a firmware fix for it?

joker

Uninstall the broadband networking software as it does not support WPA.
Start using Windows XP's built in support for wireless networking.

Jon wrote:
> I'm having a very annoying problem with this router.
> When using WEP encryption, the router hums along without
> incident. When I enable WPA however, the MN710 adapters
> are not allowed to connect to the router. I get an
> invalid key warning. The phrase is the same across the
> network and yet the router repeatedly tells me they are
> invalid. This is either a problem with the router or
> the adapter software. All machines are on XP pro and
> have the WPA update installed. When I call tech support
> I get the "are you at the computer" question. I know
> what the symptoms are, I just want a solution rather than
> going through the motions with no end result.
>
> Microsoft: Is there a bug in your code? Yes or no and
> when can I get a firmware fix for it?

> Start using Windows XP's built in support for wireless networking.

How does one go about doing that?

Mike

Splendid

I have had the same anoying problem...I have already
removed the broadband utility, configured everthing with
the zero configuation utility, and still lose connection
after a day. The only way to reconnect is to reset the
base station, which is a pain in the butt!