• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

MN700 and WPA

Jon

I'm having a very annoying problem with this router.
When using WEP encryption, the router hums along without
incident. When I enable WPA however, the MN710 adapters
are not allowed to connect to the router. I get an
invalid key warning. The phrase is the same across the
network and yet the router repeatedly tells me they are
invalid. This is either a problem with the router or
the adapter software. All machines are on XP pro and
have the WPA update installed. When I call tech support
I get the "are you at the computer" question. I know
what the symptoms are, I just want a solution rather than
going through the motions with no end result.

Microsoft: Is there a bug in your code? Yes or no and
when can I get a firmware fix for it?

joker

Uninstall the broadband networking software as it does not support WPA.
Start using Windows XP's built in support for wireless networking.

Jon wrote:
> I'm having a very annoying problem with this router.
> When using WEP encryption, the router hums along without
> incident. When I enable WPA however, the MN710 adapters
> are not allowed to connect to the router. I get an
> invalid key warning. The phrase is the same across the
> network and yet the router repeatedly tells me they are
> invalid. This is either a problem with the router or
> the adapter software. All machines are on XP pro and
> have the WPA update installed. When I call tech support
> I get the "are you at the computer" question. I know
> what the symptoms are, I just want a solution rather than
> going through the motions with no end result.
>
> Microsoft: Is there a bug in your code? Yes or no and
> when can I get a firmware fix for it?

> Start using Windows XP's built in support for wireless networking.

How does one go about doing that?

Mike

Splendid

I have had the same anoying problem...I have already
removed the broadband utility, configured everthing with
the zero configuation utility, and still lose connection
after a day. The only way to reconnect is to reset the
base station, which is a pain in the butt!