MN700 hub to switch change

My sister and I share a cable modem via a 10baseT hub. I
then have an MN700 router and my own small wireless
network including wireless print server and network hard
drive. All works perfectly. I tried switching out the
hub for an auto-sensing 10/100 switch, but try as I
might, I could not connect to the internet from my
computer, though my sisters did fine. I tried resetting
the MN700, shutting down the computer and disconnecting
the power on the MN700 all to no avail. Any ideas, or is
this setup not usable?? Thanks

Is the switch handing two different IP's (maybe through NAT
and DHCP)? Put a second PC on the switch and see if it
works for both computers, and how it needs to be configured.

Then transfer the TCP/IP settings from the computer to the
WAN screen of the 700.

joker

How is the internet coming in then? Is it going from the modem to the
hub or switch first or is going from the modem to her computer first?

If the answer is the first then have you purchased multiple IP addresses
from your ISP? (If you haven't then this is most likely your problem.)