Mobile AMD Duron

soup20000

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
JANUARY 15, 2001--AMD today announced the immediate availability of the Mobile AMD Duron™ processor for notebook PCs.

wow... i did not see this coming... i was thinking around june... good news for AMD. Also on Hard|OCP i saw this

"Also out of the blue is some good news on the DUALLY TBird solution. It seems as if finally the project of getting a board to market has been kicked into high gear and I would have to guess though it will be two months at the minimum before we see dually AMD goodness. It is happening though, but that is all I can tell you at this point."

I am thinking Kyle got a SMP mobo... cant wait to see what happens...

soup.

AMD for Life!

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The Geforce Go, WIll Produce alot of heat and low battery life. a P3 or duron w/ and Ati rage m4 16mb or 32mb are still your safest bet and longer battery life

Cel 533 - 256mb sdram
15gb HD - ati radeon 32mb ddr (200/200)
SB live! mp3+ - win98 Beos

G

I hop e they will but I am going to reserve judgement until i see how the Power/ heat works out, my PII300 Laptop gets bloody hot and thats not exactly state of the art....

one of the first UK T-Bird users....

G

Yeah, I agree. AMD has a <b>lot</b> of catching up to do in the mobile CPU market. I've been curious myself, but I suspect Intel will still kick AMDs butt for some time. Competition-wise, I hope AMD does well, but....

Mike

TRENDING THREADS