mobile app development

sdf165

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
I have always been keen about mobile gaming and programming and I am planning to take up a mobile application development course from Cestar college. This program include basics of java programming, iOS based game development and lot more ( listed on the site) . It's a short term course and I doubt if this course is enough to be a mobile app developer? Or should I go in for a long term course? May be a professional one?

Solution
No need to make that decision now. Just try the short term course. (Which will not be enough as you indicate...)

See how the short term course goes and based on that experience, plus what you learn, you will be in a better position to make further decisions.

Ralston18

Titan
No need to make that decision now. Just try the short term course. (Which will not be enough as you indicate...)

See how the short term course goes and based on that experience, plus what you learn, you will be in a better position to make further decisions.

Solution

sdf165

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016

sdf165

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
Hmm!! May be you are right!! I will just give it a try!!! But Doing a professional course directly, saves a lot of time!!! Again I am not not sure if its required too.

Ralston18

Titan
Time is important.

However I am not sure that any "potential time" savings is that relevant with respect to bigger picture. To you yes....

It is very likely that there are many other students out there considering the same career possibility - your competition.

Potential employers will be looking for experience and for other qualities as well. Team player, reliability, work ethic, well-rounded skills, stays out of trouble, etc..

That is to say: can you do the job for which you are being considered and be a hassle (beyond basic reason) about it?

I will undermine myself a bit by saying yes, you can/may get more from a professional course and that could be a potential trade-off in exchange for experience. Yes, a potential employer may be willing to hire someone with a certificate and little experience versus someone with no certificate and X amount of experience.

And some certification programs are pretty much just a front for money making...... Little or no gaurantee is made that you will really be able to pass the necessary tests. And employers do know or soon learn what "certifications" are really meaningful.

Take the shorter course and get the exposure. Perhaps you can supplement the course in some ways. Focus on other classes as well to broaden and deepen your knowledge. In the meantime watch the "employment ads" and see what levels of skills and experience employers are seeking.

At some point it will all come together for you and you will be able to decide but with respect to a larger, more expanded view of things.