Mobile Barton XP2500 configuration on A78N8X-E Deluxe

Hi all,

I have just installed a Mobile XP2500 Barton on a new A7N8X-E Deluxe.
I have two questions on it's configuration being the first mobile processor
I've set up:

1. Upon boot it shows an Mobile Athlon 800Mhz. In Windows XP Pro SP1A it
displays as an Athlon 798Mhz Processor. I have checked the BIOS, and it set
it up as 133FSBx14 which I work out as 1862Mhz which I guess is right for
the CPU so I don;t understand why its coming up as 800Mhz in the Boot screen
and in Windows My Computer.

2. Secondly, the voltage for this CPU as I understand it is supposed to be
1.45v, but the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe has awarded it 1.575v. have checked in
the BIOS to lower it manually to 1.45v but that volatge isn't displayed, the
lowest available is 1.575v.

Can someone please offer some advice on how to get the CPU to configure
correctly?
I want to see it running at its default speed before trying to overclock it.
Many thanks.

Graham.

Jim

Sounds to me like you might need a BIOS update to specifically support
Mobile processors (
http://usa.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X-E%20Deluxe ).
Sometimes a change like that requires some minor BIOS adjustments.

Jim

"Jim" <null@null.com> wrote in message news:Yeffc.2656$Yf6.171@fed1read07...
> Sounds to me like you might need a BIOS update to specifically support
> Mobile processors (

http://usa.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X-E%20Deluxe ).
> Sometimes a change like that requires some minor BIOS adjustments.
>
> Jim

Thanks Jim,

I took alook at it offers BIOS v1010:
"Modify System Performance set "User Defined", Memory Timing always set
"Optimal""

I have v1008 as supplied with the Board. I'll download it and give it a try.

Regards,
Graham

> "Jim" <null@null.com> wrote in message
> > Sounds to me like you might need a BIOS update to specifically support
> > Mobile processors (

http://usa.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X-E%20Deluxe ).
> > Sometimes a change like that requires some minor BIOS adjustments.
> >
> > Jim
>
> Thanks Jim,
>
> I took alook at it offers BIOS v1010:
> "Modify System Performance set "User Defined", Memory Timing always set
> "Optimal""
>
> I have v1008 as supplied with the Board. I'll download it and give it a
try.

> Regards,
> Graham

I've had some luck following a support call. It seems that the Asus A7N8X-E
Deluxe can't detect the correct multiplier as you mentioned. I changed it to
166x11 and the BIOS now shows "Unknown CPU Type 1833Mhz" which is the
correct speed. Apparently this is all in order and the CPU is now running at
normal desktop XP2500 speed.

Regards,
Graham

TRENDING THREADS