Mobile Contract Upgrade Help

KYLEDLH

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
So I've been on Vodfone for 4 years with my 2nd contact near finished. The contract is under my dads name in like some family package deal he has.

I'm due for an upgrade soon and I wanted to buy my next handheld and go on a sim only deal as in the long run its a lot cheaper. Am I able to do this through upgrading or do I have to cancel or wait until my contract runs out?

Thanks for any replies!

Solution
You should contact your service provider and check with them. Whoever is the account owner would need to contact them unless you get the account pin/password to use.

From my experience, if you buy you own phone, you don't have to wait for anything, just tell them you have a phone and they would get you a SIM card for it and activate it on whatever plan you ask. If your phone is now being paid for in the contact, you will continue to play for that phone also though, but likely not the actual service on it, just the phone payment part.
You should contact your service provider and check with them. Whoever is the account owner would need to contact them unless you get the account pin/password to use.

From my experience, if you buy you own phone, you don't have to wait for anything, just tell them you have a phone and they would get you a SIM card for it and activate it on whatever plan you ask. If your phone is now being paid for in the contact, you will continue to play for that phone also though, but likely not the actual service on it, just the phone payment part.

Solution