Question Mobile Gaming PC or Laptop? 1400$ Budget

Dinoking93

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2013
To clarify beforehand, I am not too good at coming up with builds, which is why I always ask on here for upgrades or builds. I have built 4 PC's, so hardware wise, I know how to build.

So I am transferring to a different university in the Fall and I was thinking about either building a gaming PC, which I could take from home and back to uni with me, or save up some more money and get a laptop. I want to be able to do schoolwork and still play video I have a budget of 1400$. All the laptops I come across are so overpriced compared to building a PC.

I have a monitor, which I got for christmas, that is 144hz and 1440p, that would be nice to put to use. I also have a mouse and keyboard. So, if I was to go for a build I would want compatibility for the monitor, if possible. I also want it to be small or something I can carry easily and not take up too much room.

Games I would likely be playing on this build:
  • Hearts of Iron IV
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator Rome
  • Overwatch
  • Rainbow Six Siege
  • Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
So, any insight or ideas on whether I should cave in a save for laptop or build a pc that could be luggish to carry around? Also please feel free to drop recommendations for a laptop if you have one. Thank you ahead of time :)

Last edited: