mobile pc graphics performance

G

Have any of the rest of you noticed how difficult it is to obtain graphics performance information on mobile PC's? It is infuriating that half the companies out there don't even state what chipset they use, and if they do, it is buried in some deep dark hole in a pdf. The lack of notebook reviews (kudos to Tom's and SharkyExtreme for being exceptions) is rather annoying as well. It seems to be virtually impossible to get any information on upcoming mobile graphics chipsets as well. Radeon LT or Geforce2Go anyone? As far as I can tell, a Dell Inspiron with a Rage M4 and 32 mb looks like it would be the fastest out there currently (in terms of graphic performance). Anyone ever see a comparison with Savage IX?

G

I totally agree with you!

I have worked in notebook companies in Taiwan for eleven years and I know your frustration. I have been collection information on more than 300 notebooks the past few years and many catalogs don't mention VGA chip, what I have been doing then is to go to the tradeshows and check for myself.

Many smaller resellers have no idea when you ask them for the graphics chip, they usually reply it's an Intel chip... fortunately Intel don't make mobile VGA chips!

I have however found that the makers of the chips are more willing to give out the information on which customers that are using their chips.

TRENDING THREADS