Hi so my friend needs a laptop for animation and graphic designing kinda stuff. for gpu we've decided on the 2060 max q/mobile whichever, and for CPU would a 4000 series Ryzen 7 be better or a 10nm Intel i7? I've read that Intel is better for gaming and ryzen for content creation but certain apps like Photoshop use only single core. Help!
Also suggestions for good laptops with 1660 ti max q or above and mentioned cpus would be appreciated too thanks

Solution
The common problem with many laptops is that the actual performance is far from what could be deduced from its components due to heating problems. The difference between two PCs with the same processor, one well ventilated and the other poorly ventilated, is much greater than the ryzen / intel dichotomy.
Hi so my friend needs a laptop for animation and graphic designing kinda stuff. for gpu we've decided on the 2060 max q/mobile whichever, and for CPU would a 4000 series Ryzen 7 be better or a 10nm Intel i7? I've read that Intel is better for gaming and ryzen for content creation but certain apps like Photoshop use only single core. Help!
Also suggestions for good laptops with 1660 ti max q or above and mentioned cpus would be appreciated too thanks
Things change radically in the mobile market where performance is constrained (heavily) by processor TDP, with thermal and power consumption considerations equally as important. You can't use those 'rules of thumb' the same way there. You also have to evaluate the entire system for suitability, not just the CPU in isolation.

I'd take this question to to the mobile/laptop forums.

The common problem with many laptops is that the actual performance is far from what could be deduced from its components due to heating problems. The difference between two PCs with the same processor, one well ventilated and the other poorly ventilated, is much greater than the ryzen / intel dichotomy.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution
Often, very precious few laptops are cooled well enough for sustained gaming...

I'd look for an actual review of any laptop you are considering, see what it's performance is after an hour, not just for the 30-60 seconds of a typical gaming benchmark...(too many laptops do great for 1 minute, then downclock themselves to stuttering messes, with no ability to overcome it...so research carefully!)

Reactions: Prad_Bitt