[SOLVED] MoBo and CPU Upgrade - Now System Won't Boot

Nov 1, 2019
I recently swapped out the motherboard, cpu, and chasis fan in a previously working computer. I have a 500W Rosewill power supply. The new components are: Asus Prime B450M-A motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3400G processor, G. Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVKB memory, and a generic case fan. I removed the original case fan, cpu, motherboard, etc. leaving a SATA hard drive and optical drive. Note: the old system was working fine... it was just time for a refurb. I then installed the new motherboard, cpu, cpu cooler, ram, and remade all of the connections. Now when I try to turn it on, the case fan lights up and spins for maybe half a second. The CPU cooler fan never comes on and the whole thing powers down. At this point, the power button on the front is inactive and only after unplugging it for a few seconds does it begin the cycle again. I have taken it all back apart and re-assembled but end up with the same result. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
The B450 will probably need a BIOS update for 3rd gen ryzen, slot your old cpu back in and go to bios and update your BIOS with the flashing utility then you should hopefully be good to go!

Hydroshot

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
The B450 will probably need a BIOS update for 3rd gen ryzen, slot your old cpu back in and go to bios and update your BIOS with the flashing utility then you should hopefully be good to go!

Solution