[SOLVED] MOBO and Ram on a tight budget

pastify

Commendable
May 3, 2017
I just bough the Ryzen 5 3600 Cpu and was looking into MOBO and RAM but have no idea what is good and longlasting.

For RAM i was thinking getting a 2x8GB.
For Motherboard, im not realling going to overclock and RGB would be a nice plus but not so important(would be really nice tho). Im also fine if it is mATX.

My budget is tops USD 200 but i can try to stretch it.

All help appreciated!

Solution
As stated earlier 1 op bought a asus with the sticker saying it was compliant but turned out it wasn't.
There is always a risk of 1 falling through the cracks.
The max is a newer mobo of the 2 and there again supposed to work out the box.
The Asus is equally as strong as the max in terms of Vrm's but i really like the Msi B450 Pro Carbon
for about $50.00 more for the feature set it has.
I plan on buying a pro carbon when i purchase a 3600x and put my 2600x on it the put my G.skill flare x 3200 cl14 in my son's unit replacing his fx-8350.
Good Luck with the build!!!!!!!

daniel_rayu

Prominent
Oct 2, 2018
I would go for 3200mhz. Yes, it will limit your mobo budget to around 100$, but it is definitely worth it. As forr the mobo, you can get an ASRock B450M PRO4, and if you really need the RGB go for ASRRock B450M Seetl Legend. Keep in mind you will need a bios upgrade on both of them.

so close and yet so farrr on San Antonio

The mobo is Not suppose to need a bios update and should be ready out of the box.
As far as RGB sorry this is the best I can to keep you in a good mobo without needing a update and good ram that is on the mobo QVL list for the price.

you can still use the links as a guide.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/613492/Tomahawk_Max_B450_AM4_AT_AMD_Motherboard

https://www.microcenter.com/product...Desktop_Memory_Kit_F4-3200C16D-16GVKB_-_Black
$194.94 usd out the door in Denver, Co

As a alternitive mobo The asus Rog strix b450 and the same Ram as long as it has 3000 compliant sticker on it should work but as another op found out even though it had the sticker saying it still needed a update on a asus rog strix X470 f gaming.
Depending on where he would / could get it from they should be able to verify the their stock or do the update,
but could be a extra charge.

pastify

Commendable
May 3, 2017
so close and yet so farrr on San Antonio

The mobo is Not suppose to need a bios update and should be ready out of the box.
As far as RGB sorry this is the best I can to keep you in a good mobo without needing a update and good ram that is on the mobo QVL list for the price.

you can still use the links as a guide.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/613492/Tomahawk_Max_B450_AM4_AT_AMD_Motherboard

https://www.microcenter.com/product...Desktop_Memory_Kit_F4-3200C16D-16GVKB_-_Black
$194.94 usd out the door in Denver, Co

As a alternitive mobo The asus Rog strix b450 and the same Ram as long as it has 3000 compliant sticker on it should work but as another op found out even though it had the sticker saying it still needed a update on a asus rog strix X470 f gaming.
Depending on where he would / could get it from they should be able to verify the their stock or do the update,
but could be a extra charge.

Those options were the ones i was really looking into recently hahaha. Just saw that best buy sells both MOBO options so I can tell him to check if the asus rog strix b450-f has the 3000 series sticker.

If the asus has the sticker, would that be better than the MSI, without taking in consideration that it may need the bios flashback?

As stated earlier 1 op bought a asus with the sticker saying it was compliant but turned out it wasn't.
There is always a risk of 1 falling through the cracks.
The max is a newer mobo of the 2 and there again supposed to work out the box.
The Asus is equally as strong as the max in terms of Vrm's but i really like the Msi B450 Pro Carbon
for about $50.00 more for the feature set it has.
I plan on buying a pro carbon when i purchase a 3600x and put my 2600x on it the put my G.skill flare x 3200 cl14 in my son's unit replacing his fx-8350.
Good Luck with the build!!!!!!!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS